grand lake colorado

buzz

other than hopefully carving up some fresh pow , what are some destinations or must sees while in and around the grand lake area .

snodogg

Not too familiar with that area, but I was just out there last week (I was down by Durango). Be advised that Hwy 34 through Rocky Mtn Nat. Park between grand lake and estes is closed for the winter. I found out the hard way! There is lots of snow there and I saw a few sleds on trailers driving through Winter Park. I believe I saw a trail head at the top of the summit just south of Winter Park. Call up a local dealer or search out a local snowmobiling club in the area. The people at the nearest US Forest Service office would be able to help you out a lot too.

Good Luck!

getsome

Gravel Mt area is the easiest area to get to by trail and do some climbing.
Study the trail system and ride crosscountry between them.
Goin on 3rd annual trip there end of Jan. Have fun, it looks like the town trail is open now.

blob

Not much to see in Grand Lake other than the snowmobile Stuff. Pretty sleepy little town in the winter. When out riding, Gravel mountain, Chicken Hill, and Super Chicken are popular places to ride. Lots of trail and off trail to be found around Grand Lake, but the good off trail stuff can take a little work to find. If you are going to tear up Gravel Mountain, be sure to be prepared with the proper avy gear.