Grand Marais, MN Lodging ideas

dgh5454

Looking to add a new destination for our group next year. We have an annual trip to the UP every year, but want to try out Grand Marais, MN as an option. Looking for a place to stay. We are used to places with good nightlife and close to our lodging. We like to party once we are done riding for the day. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any places have live bands during the winter? Thanks in advance for your help.

rmk4ever

I would recommened Hungry Jacks, decent place & bands every so often. The owner gives trail reports to the local paper. Right in between a couple of lakes & close to the trail head, from there you can go west, to Orr, south to lutsen, Devils Track, east to grand portage. Iv'e just discovered this area this season, after living in MN for 10 yrs... i'm kicking myself in the arse. I think every midwestern snowmobiler should spend a day on the gunflint & it's forest roads. If I were trying to get someone "into" snomobiling this is where I'd bring them, one day there & your "hooked"

w_ballz

X 2 on Hungry Jack. Was up there last weekend and previous and they had bands both weekends.
Not much night life up there to be had. Devils track can be good also.
Fun place to ride if they have good snow,terrible if they dont. Rock country up there.
Favorite place to ride besides black hills and mountain range.
There is something for everyone up there from leisurely trail rides to river running open water, and you cant beat the scenery.
It is a bit on the spendy side up there though.