Grandview/Valhalla

Eggers

Would like to make a loop from Grandview to Pub and Grub. Is 63 trail open all the way to Moqual and then to trail 31? Any other way to do this?

woodside

From the Bayfield County Trail report: "Trail #63 is closed from County Highway E to Bibon Road. Trail closed signs will be posted. Riders should obey all signs and follow signed trails and road routes when necessary. County Highway E is NOT a signed road route and access to the Town of Mason from the west is limited."

Based on what I have read and knowing that there are plowed roads to take, there could be issues riding TR63 north of Grandview. But I have not been to that area. You may want to call the pubs for an update.

If the report is not good, your options would be to trailer up to Moquah and take TR63N to the Valhalla area where there is good riding. Or trailer to the Valhalla area west of Washburn on Cty C.

If you have further questions send me a PM.

vmax1994

For whatever its worth, I spoke to some riders last weekend and they said trail 63 is fine north of Grandview. The little bit of fresh snow may have made the plowed roads temporarily OK. Personally, I don't recommend the route but I would think it is passable.