Grease for suspension - marine or low temp?

polarisrider1

low temp. marine. is the best. lol I use whatever is in the grease gun at the time. It's the wrong answer technically but some grease is way better than no grease.

ezra

meand polarisrdr must have gone to the same grease gun class if I could just buy a grease gun that lasted I would be happy

mjkaliszak

X3 for ezra. I just wipe the spindle & skid bushing areas a little more thru the year. I did buy a pnuematic grease gun, still have to dink with it.

classic_rider

I have 1 grease gun for the truck and
1 for the sleds,,,use only polaris low temp synthetic for sleds,,,grease is cheap bearings are not

polarisrider1

Holy cow Indy 500, we did, didn't we. LOL Now shouldn't you be doing your homework or something. Note: if it's not broke fix it until it is. quote from your Dad.

indy_500

i don't have that much homework tonight. just enjoying reading that a trail rider and an off trail rider who disagree on everything actually agree on this.

polarisrider1

I was in shock too! I suspect famousguy is alright. He is not into Garden tools and standing up riding. I used to be a high speed, high mileage rider. One day I woke up after a ski to ski lock up head on in freezing rain just North of Newberry. On a 7 day loop. Had to get to Grand Marais that night since we had a room booked. Looking thru about a 1"x1" sq. of face shield. the rest was iced solid. I could of died that night. The other guy was okay to, but we both know that it was a close call with death. Off trail riders are not as drunk as the bar hoppers on the trail. Most riders are sober but many use the trails as a means to get from bar to bar. Most of us off trail guys are stone sober not stoned. The speeds are slower and the callenges greater "off trail". The key to "off trail is "Do not tresspass, do not destroy mother nature. Check out with Plat books, gps, local maps and any other resources you can. Do it right. I love to ride Queensland. They welcome off trail on the North side of Superior. Manatouwadge, North of Hearst, Hornpayne, North of Elliot lake, Moose Factory (goggle it). Chaplau, Nakina all great riding all in Ontario. I do recommend joining MSA www.msasnow,org

famousguy

LOL.. Indy, you caught it

I suspect that polarisrider1 and I probably have a lot more things we can agree on as well....

famousguy

polarisrider1

Glad we can agree on it.
I think I am just too lazy to stand up.

LOL and the whole Garden Tool thing just started as a joke years ago with my brother.

I have been riding for 35 years and my brother has been for 40. A few years back when we saw (for the first time) a guy with a backpack with tools sticking out of it, my brother stopped me on the trail and akse me if I saw the guy with the garden tools on his back, we both just started laughing. Mainly because we had never seen it before. So, it really is just a bit of humor between him and I.

I have nothing against off trail riders at all.

indy_500

i'm getting closer and closer to offtrail! lol another lost trail rider..jk i could ride offtrail but i can't stop riding trails. i added a 3 in. handlebar riser so i can stand up. and some C&A Pro Ski's that are a little bit wider and a ton lighter.

crskidoo

I think if your worried about what kind of grease your using your also taking the time to actually grease your sled and look at it once in a while. Any grease is better then no grease like what has already been said. fcat700..hularious.. These discussion boards crack me up..