Guardian brand A/C

jjj70095

I am getting quotes for an A/C system and got a quote for Guardian 3 ton 13.5 seer. Do any of you have the Guardian brand?

I wont use the A/C that often, maybe 2-3 weeks a year...and am looking for something economical. 10 year warranty.

Last edited:

chunk06

It is a Budget builder grade line built by York. If you are saving money over a better brand I would have no problem it, as long as you have a company that will service it.

chunk06

If you are only using it a few weeks out of the year I would go for the savings as well (y) good luck

whitedust

For those of you who have a/c, what does it cost you if you run the A/C for a month straight?
Is there a price on keeping mold out of your house ? Many days up north in 60s on lakes 100% humidity run AC to get the moisture out of you house or deal with mold.

dfattack

Is there a price on keeping mold out of your house ? Many days up north in 60s on lakes 100% humidity run AC to get the moisture out of you house or deal with mold.
Amen to that. The mold smell is classic northwoods cabin smell. I for one don't like it and run AC once temps are over 80.

jjj70095

The AC was installed today and it works great. Took 7 days from estimate to install and I recommend Badger Heating of Boulder Junction.
It also will dehumidify the basement as well when running.

I don't understand how rain will not hurt the unit....part of it is under a roof, other part is open to rain/snow. I am getting a cover as well.

dynoski

My AC guy said to only cover top to keep leafs out in fall. If you cover it tight all winter
it's a place for mice to get in and munch on the wires. The weather should not hurt the
unit. On a lot of buildings these units sit on the roof all year round.

dfattack

My AC guy said to only cover top to keep leafs out in fall. If you cover it tight all winter
it's a place for mice to get in and munch on the wires. The weather should not hurt the
unit. On a lot of buildings these units sit on the roof all year round.
exactly. most units should not be covered