Hancock

Can you ride thru Hancock without too much trouble? I now it’s spring conditions but I don’t want to ride pavement for two miles as I cross the lift bridge and ride north. I’m leaving Bergland in the morning and heading to Copper Harbor with my son. Just want to know what to expect so I can prepare myself. Thanks!

Tuck

monday 3/6 am what we could see was pretty bare as we drove south through town on our way home.

Thanks, well we are going to see what happens, I will make that decision when we arrive in the parking lot of the Ramada.

rp7x

watch out for a hole or wash out just noth of calumet , heard a guy left his spleen on the side of the trail last week

garageguy

Ok, they had it marked with a flare. The next day it was still there. They should have pushed a round hay bayle in there and groomed over it.

mezz

Forget travel through Hancock, that trail is toast. You will have to travel further north via trailer.

bayfly

I rode through Calumet yesterday and didn’t see a hole on Trail 17 or 3. Maybe it’s fixed?

The hole must be fixed because we never came across anything. We did ride thru Hancock, it was bad but I’ve ridden worse unfortunately. Everything north of there was good. The new snow helped, Bergland area is the best riding right now in my opinion. The ride yesterday morning from Twin Lakes back to the Root Cellar was some of the best riding I have done in a few years. Fresh groom and 5-7” of fresh snow. My said said it was like riding on a cloud.