Handguards?

02zr600

John, I noticed you have the new style handguards on your new sled. What type of mounting system do you have on them? are the the plastic or aluminum ones. I want to put a pair on a xfire, but dont know what mount to go with. How do the mounts you have work?

jd

Administrator
Staff member
They actually came with the sled, part of some nice items that came stock with the Limited Edition M this year. So they are from Cat.

The mounting arms are aluminum, but the thing I don't like is they mount directly to the throttle block and brake block. So if you want to adjust them, you have to adjust the angle that these blocks sit on the handle bars.

It is a very clean looking way to mount them, but does not allow for much adjustment at all.

-John

m8man

I had handguards once, but after I rolled it one the thing decided it no longer wanted to be attached to the bars. It actually wanted to ride in the storage compartment.

If I would have known that I would have just put it in there to start with

m8man

02zr600

m8man, don't you know you are supposed to keep the rubber side down? Haha. Thanks for the input John, and for the site. Maybe I'll just skip on them until the switch up the mounting system.