Headlight bulb replacement?

bernsie15099

I have a 2001 Yamaha SXR 600 and want to increase the ability to see better at night. The sled has a single headlight with the original 55 watt factory bulb that illuminates a yellowish/white tint for brightness. How many watts and brand of bulb would be recommended to increase night visibility and eliminate the yellow tint? Will other components of the sled be hindered due to replacing factory parts? What are the pros and cons?

zimmbob

go with an LED replacement bulb. Whiter light and should be brighter too. More lumens per watt.... if that's the right way to say it.

roam

i don't think LED is the way to go for a headlight. They are bright, but they don't shine and illuminate very far out. They make good tail lights, but not headlights.

aesynthetics

Check these guys, had Doos years ago with single headlights and put higher watt bulbs in and it made a huge difference. With the stock bulbs I always felt like I was outriding the headlight. They have a 130/high beam 100/low beam flamethrower, maybe they have it for your application.

Bluhm Enterprises
Kevin W. Bluhm - CEO
1109 Pine Ridge Drive, River Falls, WI 54022
info@bluhmenterprises.com

612.812.5191 - 651.290.5281 (fax)

aesynthetics

They recomment different bulbs depending on your sled and accessories that your are running. I'm sure they will be happy to assist you.