heated gloves

erieaddict

My wife complains that not matter what we try, her finger tips get cold while riding. She is only 5'7" and wieghs 110 and has no insulation on her body, if you know what i mean. Heated grips and throttle work great. We have tried several types of gloves and mittens to no avail. I ordered some gauntlet type covers to try, but am also looking at heated gloves. she currently wears a Tourmaster synergy heated liner and loves it. Keeps her arms and body toasty warm. They have a set of gloves that will hook into the coat, but at 185.00 for a set of gloves, i hate to take a chance that they will work for her. Has anyone tried any type of glove like this or have any other advice?

WIrider

Sounds exactly like my wife. Same body insulation problem. Picked up some inexpensive fleece lined gauntlets that strapped to her handle bars and that did the trick. Basically cut the wind and you are good to go. I would recommend giving them a try. Good luck.

sabercat

What type of sled does she ride? Could you get a better windshield? Reason I ask that is that on my sabercat my gloves feel like they are the best in the world, never been cold in minus temps. BUT all I have to do is hold them up into the air stream and all of a sudden you can start to feel the cold air. They wouldn't be okay without that windshield.

erieaddict

She has a 1998 Indy classic with a 20 inch windsheild. It does have the extensions on the side to protect the handle bars. I have riden this sled in -10 temps and do just fine, but then again i have nordic blood. I think it is the circulation in her finger tips and extremities. she gets cold on the boat on a sunny 70 degree day. She loves to ride! we just have to stop alot and let her warm her hands. I ordered a set of the gauntlet type covers. we will see how that works before we invest in heated gloves.

mjkaliszak

I bought a pair of " Empire " fiber optic element heated gloves. The keep your hand at 60 deg for 4-6 hrs. We ended up buying 2 battery pacs & 2 chargers. They seem to work ok when we used them but the batteries are cumbersome.They slide in a pouch in the cuff of the glove. There is also the charging issue that when you go on a trip becomes a pain. I already have enough stuff to take care of ( sleds , GPS, cell, ect... ). What we ended up doing with our " cold hand " problem was double heating the bars. We wired in the old style cartridge heaters to the inside of the bar and the Hot grips to the outside. We run the 1 heater on the low switch and both heaters on the high setting of the switch. It will get your hands smoking hot. Just an idea.

edmarino

Gerbing makes a heat glove liner that is half the cost of gloves they are compatable with other brands of heated clothing and do a great job. Since you are already wired for a liner this is the way to go if you don't want to buy gloves. Just have to make sure your existing glove is large enough to get liner in. I have their heated gloves and use them on my motorcycle my wife has the heated liners and uses them on the motorcycle and snowmobile. I have not had the need yet to use them on sled because of heated grips which I don't have on the motorcycle. We have heated jacket and pants liners and ride the motorcyle until there is snow on the ground

Last edited:

clark_w

We tried everything to keep my wifes hands warm and yes gaunlets do work but she doesnt like to ride with them so I got her the Gerbing heated snowmobile gloves and wired them up on her FST with a reastat and her hands never get cold now. The cords dont bother her and she wont ride without them.

CW