Heavy Throttle, Ski-Doo Renegade

snosnake

I recently purchased a 2003 600 Renegade for my girlfriend to ride. She loves the snowmobile, but complains about the throttle being a bit hard to push. My boss has another Ski-Doo, and his daughter claims the same problem. I am aware of the Thumb wraps out there, but does anyone have any advice for helping ease the throttle a bit? Can you put weaker springs in the carbs? Let me know your thoughts. Thank you in advance.

MNDooGuy09

Had the same problem with the wife a couple years ago. I rolled the throttle so it was a 2 finger pull throttle. Kind of weird for me loading it, but she liked it!

scott_l

throttle gizmo

I put one of these on my wifes old Cat (carb sled) as she was complaining about the same problem. It helped, but the only problem with it is it did not allow "full throttle" only about 60%-70%%.....which is usally more then enough for traditional riding. When the wife needed or wanted "full throttle" she just used the normal throttle.

If the same guys still owns the company he was great to work with/answer questions a few years ago.

Do a search as this was talked about a few weeks ago aswell!

http://www.clydecanride.com/FAQs.html

dab102999

My wife had the same problem. I just rotated the whole assembly up a little. This gave a more natural pressure for her and she never complained after that.