Help with "05 rev brake light switch

markf419

On our last ride last year, my dads brake light stopped working on his '05 mxz 600. Upon checking it out, I fount that the little plunger thingy on the switch was sticking in and.... well we broke the switch. I see on the parts diagram there's a part number for the switch but that's how we broke it in the first place, checking to see if it was removable or serviceable and we still never got it out. It seems like it may be glued in. Has anyone out there ever changed the brake switch on one of these?

If you broke the plunger out of the switch you need a new brake lite switch assembly,,The plunger has been known to freeze and stick but it should not come out.

markf419

If you broke the plunger out of the switch you need a new brake lite switch assembly,,The plunger has been known to freeze and stick but it should not come out.

Yes I know that much. I cant get the switch assembly out of the brake lever assembly. The sw assembly seems to be part of the lever assembly tho it has a part number. How do you get the switch out without boogerin up the hole in the lever. There's little tabs on it, but it still seems glued in or something.

I have not personaly had to change one yet but have heard they can be a pain to change sometimes.You may want to go to Dootalk and send pit grunt a message pretty shure he has changed some out.