Help with buying a left over

racenut

Looking at 4 different sleds would like a little help with pro's and con's with these.i ride fairly aggresive they are a 2009 yamaha fx nytro $7995 or a 2009 cat z1 turbo $8199 a 2010 polaris rush $7795 a 2010 ski doo tnt 600 $7599? Has van halen decals like eddies red guitar.and a 2009 vector gt 2100 miles $6995 i know the yamahas hand warmers suck any other suggestions or what problems i should look out for would be helpful thanks. I had a 2008 apex rtx was going to buy 2011 but not what yammaha wants

eagle1

Wow dude that's quite variety of sleds, at least we know your not brand loyal. lol So what do you have now?

Just depends on how and where you ride. If you ride tight twisty trails I would say Rush or TNT. High miles in the UP day after day Cat turbo or Vector. 2010 Vector has Fuel injection is very sweet.
Nytro has great acceleration and is a blast, I love mine, (xtx). Not the best cornering machine but the ride position is just awesome. Nytro has a small gas tank should get 90 to 95 miles a tank with a heavy thumb, so depending on where you ride and who you ride with it may or may not be a problem.
I think they all would make a great sled just depends on your needs.

jeff

tnt or a rush would be my choice. I am partial to poo but that doo is powerful little sled. I like the seating and handling of the poo better though and it not shy on power either

ezra

yeah real variety but my money is on the z1 turbo with a D&D hijacker box. you can get 290hp for a day on the ice then after you burnt up your 85bucks in 110race fuel dial it back to a wimpy 200hp on 92octane or back to a stock 180hp on 87octane.the z1 was kicking arss at namakagon this yr.with a meth injection kit you can run on 92octane and when you want some power crank up the hijacker to 290hp and hit the meth injector and win every impromptu drag race any place any time

Last edited:

whitedust

Coming off a 2008 Apex rtx & you say you are an aggresive trail rider the Nytro would be best & good bang for the buck. That was $10k+ sled new. Nytro is very easy to transition to stand up riding & the 130 engine really is 139 ponies proven engine. Vector GT not a banger less banger than what you have now. 2009 cat Z1 turbo good buy but difficult to use all that hp anywhere but lake & Nytro trail fun facter exceeds the rest of the bunch. 600 Rush or TNT will not have the power punch you are used to with the Apex so I would x then out. Also power band very different on 2s than 4s you are used too. So I guess it would be Nytro or Z1 turbo & your choice....... Let us know which you bought.

M

mrskidoobydoobydoo

Looking at 4 different sleds would like a little help with pro's and con's with these.i ride fairly aggresive they are a 2009 yamaha fx nytro $7995 or a 2009 cat z1 turbo $8199 a 2010 polaris rush $7795 a 2010 ski doo tnt 600 $7599? Has van halen decals like eddies red guitar.and a 2009 vector gt 2100 miles $6995 i know the yamahas hand warmers suck any other suggestions or what problems i should look out for would be helpful thanks. I had a 2008 apex rtx was going to buy 2011 but not what yammaha wants

did you happen to see the van halen one at appleton powersports? and does it have the sweet running boards?

anonomoose

If you really are a "racenut" then there is only one clear choice on the board. Nothing will touch the turbo...end of the story.

mjkaliszak

I'm with "ezra" go big !!! When I looked at those 09 Z1's I thought they were around 12K at the beginning of the 09 season ( end of 08 ). I stayed away due to the weight and " flash-backs" from my 94 T-Cat that was more of a "consumer guinnea pig" purchase. I can't give the fuel rec's that ezra has in his head but I thought they did have a recall (1) on something ??? For THAT KIND OF MONEY, it seems like a deal . I did ride with a freind's friend that had new 1( 08-09 season ) on one of our trips , it seemed to perform well !

racenut

this is what scares me about the turbo is i talked to a couple guys and was told they have secondary clutch problems,charging problems, torque arm bracket problems and do not handle well unless you ghange ski's. anyone else hear of this?the sled only has a 3 month warranty. so it is pretty muck useless this time of year

harvest1121

I think i would stay away from the turbo for 2009. I know they had cdi problems and changed them to something different in 2010. I just like the idea of a 4stroke anymore. I would wait till July you should be able to find some good deals. We bought a 2008 vector ltx gt for 5k a 2005 rs rage for 3k. My dad had the cash so it worked out good. Just wait for the deals to come around. If they have the deal now it might get better when it is warmer. Plus you do not have to store it and start it all the time.

mjkaliszak

Well... The Yami's can jump , see below. This is another friend, ( daughters B - friend ) and this guy & my son are all over me all the time on the trail. I can only get away from him coming out of the hole or in the straights. I ride a 800R ( 09 ). To my knowledge he only tore up a couple belts, a couple D-ring screw in panel fasteners come loose from time to time and they installed a " over-size " gas tank ! Those are the only problems in 2 seasons that I know of. We ride to ride, not baby the things, just for the record.

indyxcr

2009 800 IQ Polaris electric start and more for sale only $6,500 best deal yet, Dads sled go to snowmobiles for sale.

lvr1000

Got close to 5000 miles on my '09 Turbo. I'm a very aggressive trail rider and didn't take long for that rider forward design to grow on me. Change the primary spring to Gold and you'll hear that turbo scream and it'll pull like a freight train. I was going to do the Boondocker or High jacker, but since the spring change, have not run out of throttle yet.

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 20

racenut

Got close to 5000 miles on my '09 Turbo. I'm a very aggressive trail rider and didn't take long for that rider forward design to grow on me. Change the primary spring to Gold and you'll hear that turbo scream and it'll pull like a freight train. I was going to do the Boondocker or High jacker, but since the spring change, have not run out of throttle yet.

have you had any problems with the sled??

lvr1000

have you had any problems with the sled??

Just taking it in for the recalls, No problems on the trail. I did have a bad connection between the battery and the positive cable, kept flashing CCU. This may have been self induced, I disconnected battery in the off season.

Also had to adjust TPS so it would idle when first started when engine was cold. Did it myself.

Last edited:

dale_58

The Rush was selling for 5700.00 plus tax,set up.$7795. is WOW

Dale