Help!!!!

euphoric1

got on boat today noticed hatch door to cabin broken, thought someone had gotten in, wasn't someone but something...RACCOON and let me tell you... going to have to reupholster all cushions in berth and in sleeper area UUUUUGH, I also had all my lures on the boat, hundreds and hundreds of spoons, also flashers, flies... EVERYTHING. and its a bit ripe down there. Any suggestions from anyone on how or if I can clean the lures? HELP!!!!

mrbb

sorry no help on suggestions, BUt I an share your pains

;last summer I had a few mice getting into cab on my skid steer(had door off for summer time and NO AC in it)

so, I added a few mouse Green wax like blocks to the inside and a few glue traps
and figured that would get the sucker/'s

well 2 days later I go and check things, come to find a raccoon got in there, ate the green wax blocks, then got feet stuck in glue traps, then went nuts trying to get out of traps, tore seat to shreds, then while in there , apparently the mouse bait didn;t sit well in its stomach, so it proceeded to violently throw up all the mow melted wax and spit it every where and I mean every where, inside roof, walls, under seat , on all controls and displace and windows, every where
then the once warm wax from being inside the coon re hardened and wouldn;'t come off anything, even with a mild pressure washer!
and then coon got out and never to be seen again!

cost me a new seat and a lot of work to clean the mess up!!
all my yrs here with bears and NO damage, but coons and mice>> man they added up some Bills for me

but I'd still rather live in the rural /country, than the city, so, have to call things some times, part of the good parts of being where wildlife is

and just carry good insurance on most things , doesn;t hurt LOL

so, sorry for your damage and hope its less $$$ than expected to correct for you!!
coons are hard animals to keep out, if they SMELL food, or residue, many times they will go hunting for it, and if they find food ONCE they will be back

so, heads up on a return visit possibly!

euphoric1

Pulled all cushions and sleeper out last night, OH MY GOD!! what a fricking mess!!! had to have a mouth full of tic-tacs just to keep from gagging, am thinking I will have to toss all of my plactics, flashers, spin-doctors, flies, j-plugs, dipsy divers, as I doubt even trying to clean will do anything as im sure its embedded in plastic I am so pissed. Someone had suggested using fishermans soap and well water to clean spoons, going to stand all my rods and reels in the car wash and spray them down. Upholsterer coming this week to look and give estimate, and have buddy in carpet cleaning business and going to see if he can clean and disinfect floor carpeting and carpeting that is on some walls and ceilings. used to think raccoons were cute but now... they are smart destructive bastards uuuuugh!! I tie my own flies so going to have to get busy....in my free time...yeah right!!

maddogg

OMG that sucks. I don't have any suggestions for you on how to clean your lures. I'd file an insurance claim though.

euphoric1

OMG that sucks. I don't have any suggestions for you on how to clean your lures. I'd file an insurance claim though.

Upholsterer was out today, doesn't even want the boards from under cushions in his shop, so may have to make own, called carpet guy they will come out neutralize, deodorize and use some kind of light to determine urine is out, talking to a few guys from the fishing club I used to belong to (when I actually had time to fish) said you can use ivory soap to clean lures, so will give it a try because there are lots of spoons. going to see what cost is before consider insurance, don't want them to total the boat. Just makes me want to puke!!