Hillar radar runs canceled

hermie

No surprise with how warm it has been. That is alot of weight on the ice. I belong to the BoBoen club and that's our biggest fund raiser so that part really stinks for the club.

wfd123

No surprise with how warm it has been. That is alot of weight on the ice. I belong to the BoBoen club and that's our biggest fund raiser so that part really stinks for the club.
I also belong to the club and was planning on working in the food tent for Friday and Saturday. Have been doing it for years. Can get pretty insane sometimes in that tent. Been years we ran out of food. Hope people still come up and enjoy our trails and support the local businesse.

picbn

Surprised they would pull the plug on this now for feb 3,4. Cold temps predicted in the next several days, especially cold by later next week.

XTEAM

I contacted Hillars after they canceled the “Snow Outlaws” and received 2 different stories on why from both sides because I contacted the head of Snow Outlaws. I know last year a ton of people attending were disappointed in no Friday Night Lights racing along with no race finals. Snow Outlaws still want to make St Germain a race on the schedule but not sure why Hillars would cancel them? Seems like Snow Outlaws would bring more attendees to the event and would bring more money to the area would be a win/win? Also they canceled the event couple years ago because of “ice conditions” aka Covid cause the old locals were bitching about 6 feet apart rules. My family is in multiple clubs btw including Bo Boen…….

tomx

I contacted Hillars after they canceled the “Snow Outlaws” and received 2 different stories on why from both sides because I contacted the head of Snow Outlaws. I know last year a ton of people attending were disappointed in no Friday Night Lights racing along with no race finals. Snow Outlaws still want to make St Germain a race on the schedule but not sure why Hillars would cancel them? Seems like Snow Outlaws would bring more attendees to the event and would bring more money to the area would be a win/win? Also they canceled the event couple years ago because of “ice conditions” aka Covid cause the old locals were bitching about 6 feet apart rules. My family is in multiple clubs btw including Bo Boen…….
As a member of the Bo Boen club do you know how much the insurance cost is to put on the event? Probably not. I have a friend who lives on the West bay and have been on the ice there myself this season. It's is not what you would call "good ice". Think about physics of putting that many people, sleds, trucks, trailers ect...out there. Yes it's a vital money maker for the club, fire and rescue, pink ribbon riders but sometimes the risk of liability outweighs the reward. I'm sure it was a tough decision to make to cancel.