Historical Snowfall Data for other areas

squat

John
Do you know of and where to find Historical Snowfall Data for other areas? I know you keep track daily for your area but I can’t seem to find any information like that for my area (Alpena, MI 49707). Is there part of NOAA or some other agency that keep track of this?

Thanks
Brian
A.K.A Squat

A

admin

Brian-

It is collected and archived, the trick is finding it for free. I think the best place to start would be the National Climatic Data Center (NCDC). They are the ones that archive all the data collected by the NWS. At one time they had everything available for free, but now charge for some of their data.

Their website is here:
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/ncdc.html
It will take some searching as they have a ton of data and a ton of products.

Perhaps others have found other links that could be useful.

-John

chords

That data is hard to find. Too many choices.
Quite a difference in totals between Alpena WWTP above (waste water treatment plant), which as you know is in town, and this data which was recorded at the airport, West of beautiful Downtown Alpena.

Alpena WSO

P

pseudonymous

A couple more bookmarks:
NCDC: United States Snow Climatology
Chicago Monthly Climate Summaries

It seems if you Google&#153; for <font color="0000ff">WS FORM: F-6</font> and add <font color="0000ff">"climate summaries"</font> and your local station identifier (in this case <font color="0000ff">Alpena</font>), you can come up with some interesting records that are current. You will have to click on previous versions to get something like this:
Preliminary Local Climatological Data
It seems odd that most of these records appear on the NOAA's National Weather Service Weather Forecast Office Springfield MO website.

Good luck Squat.
Average Joe

squat

WOW
Thanks. It’s all cool info. I did find something that will help me from the links you provided. The reason I asked this question was for work. We have a guy that does our snow plowing and bills monthly. I wanted a way to verify that we had snow on the days he billed other than having to mark the calendar every time we got snow.

Again thank you.

Brian