Historical weather by date

John I am unable to find some information that I am looking for and woundering if you can tell me where to find it. I am trying to find what the highs and lows were for Heartland WI for October 5,6,7,8 2007 If you can just point me in the correct direction I have tried Accuweather, weather bug. I just cant seem to get te sites to go back that far.

A

admin

You are not likely to find data for Heartland WI, unless there is a Coop Observer in the area and then you would have to dig through the data at the National Climatic Data Center.

I tried looking for Heartland and did not even find it, do you have the spelling correct? There was a Hartland that I found.

If you give me the name of a larger town nearby. I can probably give you the highs and lows for that time frame.

-John

frnash

I was looking into this last night, just out of plain old geography/weather nut curiosity (I probably have more time for that than John does.) Of course John's right, but here's what I found:

I too presumed you meant Hartland, WI (Waukesha County).
You probably aren't going to find any records for Hartland, WI specifically, so it comes down to how close (to Hartland) is close enough?

You can find the Preliminary Climatology Data (CF6) here for only two stations in southeastern WI, either Milwaukee (at roughly 25 miles, but with quite a different climate so close to Lake Michigan) or Madison (> 50 miles) from April 2003 to date.

Worst case, as John suggested, you can try the National Climatic Data Center, but you may have to do some extensive and tedious digging at that site. If you're up to it, I suggest you start with Data & Products | Find a Station in the left column, then perhaps by State/Division/County/City.

A quick search by State/Division/County/City (But as they say, some stations not identified by county!) found 14 stations in Waukesha County, with several (Waukesha city, Waukesha County Airport, Oconomowoc, Dousman) within a 7-9 mile radius of Hartland. That should give you a start, with potentially much more research to do from there.

Note too, that you may have to pay for the data you retrieve from the NCDC (perhaps as little as a few dollars), but if so, you'd better be sure that the data you have identified is going to serve your purpose, and has a narrow enough focus that you won't have to pay a huge tab for a bunch of irrelevant data.

Another possible resource is the Wisconsin State Climatology Office, although in general I have found the state climatology offices to be next to useless.

That's the best I was able to do, so does John have any other professional weapons available?

I think I may try some of the local TV stations and see if they keep it on file. I know that there are many weather staions that report back to the News I will see what I can find

pete_w

If personal weather station data will work take a look at wunderground.com . Ausblick ski area looks close to Hartland and data is available from that time. I'll try to post a CSV (comma delimited)file with it.
link to station
Or the <center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msexcel.gif
CSV file
weather.csv (0.9 k)</td></tr></table></center>
Pete

pete_w

Not sure how the file in previous post got set to .xls. If you rename it to .csv it will open in a spreadsheet cleaner.

Pete

frnash

<font color="0000ff">pete_w</font>:

Excellent work, Pete! Now why didn't I think of wunderground?

(It seems I don't pay nearly enough attention to http://www.wunderground.com, and you can often find some good info there, especially for some relatively obscure, unknown stations! Of course they may not be "official" NWS/Coop observations, but from fairly credible private weather stations. Their data is probably better than a poke in the eye, or "official" data from a NWSFO 25 miles away!)

In this case KWISUSSE1, at Ausblick Ski Area, Sussex, WI is about 4.25 miles ENE of beautiful downtown Hartland. Is that close enough? Nailed the requested dates in the spreadsheet too, October 1-10, 2007!