hjc heated sheild

tritonmark

The female end at the top of my sheild fell out. I just bought a new cord and went to plug it in and found out the female end is gone. Do I have to get a new sheild or is this a piece that can be replaced? Thanks

fredster

It is not replaceable. If you take apart the connector (very small phillips screws) you will find the female connector is soldered to the two wires that feed the grid. The connector is not attached very securely, and if you twist it the connections break and/or it pulls out. I repaired mine with the soldering gun last winter, but it was tedious work and not much fun. If your female connector is gone, it's time for a new shield....bummer.

hotwire

Check with Radio Shack, I have repaired my cord ends a few times, I can't remember what the connector is called but its in the stereo repair section. I thinks it's called a "F" connector. If I remember when I get back tomorrow I'll look in the shop at my package and try to get you the correct info.

fredster

It's the female end of an RCA connector (at least on my helmet). Don't know if that's also called an F connector or not.

The problem I have run into is the connector is not held securely in the shield and can twist, breaking the connections. After I repaired the wires last winter, I epoxied the connector in place. One way trip I know but it's not coming apart now!