holy #@$%

jonesin

I was going to upload the pics I got last week stitting on the deck watching my daughter practice with her horse but couldnt get them to upload....
A HUGE buck, (for lower mich) came running out of the woods and withing 60 yards of me, I managed to get 4 pics on my phone a little blurry but you can see hes a monster!
at least a huge 8 but prob more like 10-12
About 30 seconds later 2 coyotes come trotting out chasing him, got one on camera.....
Come to find out my neighbor across the street saw him run through his bean field being chased about 1/2 hour before me.....
Dang coyotes, thats why I shoot on sight! COYOTE2.jpg

jonesin

IMG_2398.JPG
if this worked, its the one that ran past
now Ill try and add the deer cam pic from a week later....

jonesin

IMG_2464.PNG IMG_2815.PNG

Well, I am officially in mourning
The big one that was on my camera was shot last monday about 3/4 mile away
I saw him once during bow at 150 yards but couldnt get him to come closer
Hopefully he has relatives around!!

mrbb

that was one awesome buck there, sorry someone else got it, and I am SURE he left a few genes in the local gene pool!
just takes age to get them bigger racks and body's
just need folks to let them grow
MY biggest problem here in PA
too many live by the if its brown its down rule here?
not to mention all the cheaters that don't know what seasons are!

jonesin

mmrb
I hear you on letting them grow, many a year I didnt get anything being picky for racks....
I do it to a point but have to admit the last 2 years I shot small 8 points that I let go 3-4 times apiece during bow and gun then finally shot them during muzzle loading to have something in the freezer.
There is a HUGE 8 around and another HUGE 10 that I have not heard about being shot, not in the big guys class but shooters... hopefully they show up for muzzle loading!

mrbb

I understand this
I used to let about 30+40 bucks a yr walk past me on my best property I hunt, all my buddys used to be busting my stones about passing on 100-130 inch bucks,, but I always said, never get a bigger one if you shoot smaller one's,
I hunted a lot even a few states a yr, so, never had to worry about MEAT, always managed to fill a few tags, some states I was allowed 8 deer , so could easy drop a few doe for meat, heck, I gave away more meat than I ate I think last many yrs!

but its a hard sell to most folks to LET any legal deer walk past them, and I always find it odd, as many guys I know that DO shoot anything don't even want the meat, they seem to just want to say they KILLED there buck every yr or??
and many are the same guys that complain about low deer numbers or all small bucks in the area??
they just don't get that , there part of the problem, keep shooting every deer you can and well, numbers get low, shoot all the young bucks, and big one's don't happen??

meat, Shoot doe's, they tend to out number bucks 3-4 to one in most places? LOL
but I get some just want to SHOOT a buck too< don't care big or small, I think you start to get more picky there after you kill enough small one's or just want that BIG one and can stick to it till you do

jonesin

I would shoot an old doe if I saw more around, I understand the logic and have done it but I really have not seen that many does and the ones I do are always young. I typically dont see that many deer on my property and have to hunt hard for opportunities at shots but I'm not complaining, its something I love to do!

jonesin

8-3-09 007.jpg IMG_3078.JPG When I was hunting that big one the old guy shot I heard someone hit a big one they couldnt find, I think my son and his friend found it the other day.....