Home Weather station rec

mjkaliszak

John,
I know this was covered a year or 2 ago. I have a Lacrosse ( Weather Channel ) several years old, it drops the transmitter signal frequently, it seems 6-7-8 times a year I have to go and re-set or replace the batteries. Is there something better more robust you could recommend ?

Thanks

Mike

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, I have never had much sustained luck with anything Lacrosse Technology makes. I gave up on them and with with a station from Davis and have never had problems.

Spend a bit more for Davis, but well worth it.

-John

mjkaliszak

Thanks, that answer was for Grandma K. I told her I would ask. That is the brand name you had referred a while back I believe.
Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family.
Mike

mjkaliszak

A little follow up on some " Tech " info regarding the Lacrosse stations. Seems my uncle contacted Lacrosse regarding his transmitter issue ( same as mine ). Lacrosse recommended using Lithium batteries , it seemed to be helpful . Thought I would pass that on.

scott_b

I received a Davis Vantage Vue for Christmas last year and love it. It is a lower level product than the Pro but the all in one design makes it easy to mount and (knock on wood) I have had zero issues with it.

RevKev

I have an Oregon Scientific Station, it has been Good, I only have needed to replace the anemometer, but it was covered under warranty.