Home weather station

rfd129

John
Looking to buy a wireless home weather station. What about an AcuRite #01500, about $120. Your thoughts or ideas would be helpful, because I know NOTHING about them.
Thanks

fz583

check out Davis weather stations, You get what you pay for, $120 unit wont last. Davis makes a nice little unit for $300? I've had my Wireless Vantage pro 2 since 2006 with very little issues and Davis customer support is awesome, Jon just got a wireless Vantage Pro 2 also. If it cuts the mustard for him it's good enough for me! good luck.

rocky367

I think the aaccurite is made by LaCrosse Technologies and labeled differently as I've seen those at their outlet store here in town. I've had several of their systems for various reasons and they all fail after a year or two. My Davis Weather System finally needs some work after 9 years in operation so I would spend the extra money right away.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with what has been said here. If you are looking for a reliable weather station that you will be able to use for years to come, then pony up for a Davis. I have had nothing but bad luck with stations made by LaCrosse Technology and I have not heard much good from Oregon Scientific either. This is my second Davis station (only got a second because I wanted to go wireless) and have had good luck with both.

-John