Houghton, 3/13 afternoon 3/14

jwmcatman

I am going to be up next Tuesday by lunch time and looking to ride with anyone for my last ride of year, I will be at Holiday inn trailering up from rhinelander with wife and dog, she will watch dog. Going to ride alone if I must but if anyone will be up and I can join let me know. Trail only for me. 2016, 800 Polaris Looks like we will be able to ride. Thanks

Jared850x

Thinking about doing the same thing. What dates. 13th is Monday but you say Tuesday?
I would be leaving from the Oconto area and have a three places enclosed snowmobile trailer with just my sled. I'm new to this site and I'm trying to figure out how to personal message you.

Last edited:

garyl62

.....I'm new to this site and I'm trying to figure out how to personal message you.

Welcome aboard Jared850x! Quickest way to message someone is click on their name in the post then select private message in the drop down box. That will take you to the message screen and you should be able to take it from there. Good luck meeting up.

Jared850x

I PM you my phone number. Please call discuss details. Go to your profile and go into your inbox. I had to ride alone last time I was up there and have been catching grief for it from my family ever since.

Jared850x

If anyone else is interested in meeting up or hitching a ride up there let me know. Wouldn't mind splitting gas.

garyl62

One suggestion for both of you guys as you start communicating via PM's. Be sure to empty out your mailboxes. The storage space is limited so once it's full new messages will not come through. Not only will you need to empty your inbox, but also your sent mail.

Good luck meeting up. Jared, don't let your family give you too much grief. I've been riding solo from Mass City to Copper Harbor for a few years now. Always seems like enough people around and just keep a few numbers in your phone. Yopper Dave is a good one to have. He'll come tow you out and then where ever you need to go if you break down.

Have fun, we're heading home Tuesday otherwise it would have been fun to meet up with both of you.

jwmcatman

Thanks Gary, as long as Jareds cold does not progress we will get in that last ride. Please give update if you can, looks like we will be able to ride but first hand honest answers are always awesome. How is it getting around houghton Hancock? Read a post this am that said not good over heating. Thanks.

sweeperguy

Thanks Gary, as long as Jareds cold does not progress we will get in that last ride. Please give update if you can, looks like we will be able to ride but first hand honest answers are always awesome. How is it getting around houghton Hancock? Read a post this am that said not good over heating. Thanks.

If I'm thinking of the same post, the west route 17, out of Hancock was bare and they had overheat problems. But the east route trail 3 was not to bad.
Here's a link to a video of 3 coming towards the bridge from Dollar Bay
https://youtu.be/fyLBMVOixMI

garyl62

We stayed north of Hancock on 3/12, and took the east way through $Bay up and back. We ran 175 miles all over up there. Coverage was fine everywhere. Not saying there wasn't a few thin spots or at the end of the day even a couple 2 foot wide puddles at a road crossing, but go 100 yards and you're back to white snow-covered conditions. Only bad stretch was Calumet to Mohawk. Thinner cover on the reroute. Was bumpy that total run between towns which is 9 miles. Never had any temp concerns all day and I don't have scratchers. We're heading out now with no concerns about riding today. Hope that helps.

garyl62

You guys should have no issues. Went all over again today and everything was good. The area on 3 north of Calumet has been groomed twice since Sunday night so it's coming back. Still thin on the reroute but nothing unusual for Mid-summer March.