Houghton Lake North TODAY.

I rode out of Houghton Lake and my buddy Matt rode out of Traverse and we met at the M72 Blue Bear parking lot. 7-10" of fresh fell and all the secondary trails are in great shape where there was base left. Trails have wet spots and some spots have an icy base left. The groomer took off out of the gas station on M72 heading south so I know that the trail down to Houghton lake was being groomed. I don't know who else will be grooming but they are for sure and honestly with as cold as it's going to get by the weekend it should hold up for one last ride. It was like early season riding but with frost in the ground. We got into areas today in the woods that had 2 + feet of snow still.

P3230014.jpg

P3230012.jpg

P3230010.jpg

P3230009.jpg

P3230008.jpg

P3230007.jpg

P32200042.jpg

fun.jpg

So if you considered coming up on to get one last ride in I would recommend it. Who knows how it will hold up through the weekend but you can ride.

The best snow fell from Traverse City area over to just south of Gaylord, down to Houghton Lake and back over to Lake City.

Nice!! Good to see some people chasing the snow still!

Update:

Sun is out and taking it's toll on things, trailering will be the only option. Trail from Houghton Lake down the west side and back up to the west side of the lake is not groomed and the swamp is a mess. You can ride out to Jeff's Rd but you'll want to head to Leota since you can't legally ride the side of M-55 which could take you to CO 300. The lake is not ride able IMO, I'm sure there is plenty of ice under the snow but I don't know how much water is on top of the ice under the crusty snow.

Leota did groom.

P3230004.jpg

P3230003.jpg

P3230002.jpg

P3230001.jpg