How are conditions after this warm up in St Germain?

flyingmudboy

Thinking about a trip up tomorrow or Wednesday to ride for a few days and I was wondering how the conditions are right now? I don't have picks so I'll need some snow on top to cool the sled on the trails and lakes.

Thanks in advance for the info.

old abe

Thinking about a trip up tomorrow or Wednesday to ride for a few days and I was wondering how the conditions are right now? I don't have picks so I'll need some snow on top to cool the sled on the trails and lakes.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Best of luck to ya on conditions! I have to say though, I sure hope your tag name doesn't come true!

Longlegs

There were ice storm warnings for today. Said up to half inch of ice possible. I’m hoping that didn’t happen. That would be a disaster.

szotty

Lots of ice like 1/2-3/4 ice on top of untouched snow. Sat was perfect Sunday wet and heavy with the heat . Monday now crap but snow is in forecast for next few days. All observations from my ranger in untouched snow

goss-3

Heavy traffic over the weekend has beat the trails badly, Ice storm has made a crust on top of the snow that's left and over heating issues have been reported.
Town trails are brown sugar getting better away from town fair conditions at best. Calling for one inch of snow tonight and 5-8 on Thursday that will help bring them back to good to excellent.
Eagle river club requesting help to clear fallen trees so they can resume grooming

whitedust

I would think trail debris is the bigger problem right now I know I had to clear branches from my driveway and lots of ice coated droopy trees everywhere. Imo groomers need time to groom out bumps and clear downed branches. I sure don’t want all this trail debris to get snowed in on trails that
Could cause a major mess.

kraven700

Just rode through there yesterday afternoon returning from a 750 mile SADDLEBAG TRIP from eagle river to copper harbor and back

It was mostly icy frozen dirt In st Germaine, minoquoa, Mercer

3 of the sleds that were with me overheated numerous times

Everything NORTH of Presque Isle was EXCELLENT

1fujifilm

Heavy traffic over the weekend has beat the trails badly, Ice storm has made a crust on top of the snow that's left and over heating issues have been reported.
Town trails are brown sugar getting better away from town fair conditions at best. Calling for one inch of snow tonight and 5-8 on Thursday that will help bring them back to good to excellent.
Eagle river club requesting help to clear fallen trees so they can resume grooming

Sounds like 8-12 inches of snow coming to the rescue.

Bear

goss-3

Plenty of snow and snowmobilers. Trails now have enough snow that moguls are developing.
Ten below zero this morning with 10-12 inches fresh snow this week. It just doesn't get much better!!