How close to trail?

Hello sled heads. I have not been on the site for over 4 years - wow. So good to be back. I am planning a trip in Jan. I found available cabins I like at Northwinds Adventures in Atlantic Mine. For the life of me I can't recall where I could access the trail from this cabin resort? Does anyone know where and how close trail access is? I called them but have not heard back yet.......the cabins are at 14603 Love Lake Rd, Atlantic Mine, MI 49905.

Thanks for any info you can provide!!

sr22ger

Hello sled heads. I have not been on the site for over 4 years - wow. So good to be back. I am planning a trip in Jan. I found available cabins I like at Northwinds Adventures in Atlantic Mine. For the life of me I can't recall where I could access the trail from this cabin resort? Does anyone know where and how close trail access is? I called them but have not heard back yet.......the cabins are at 14603 Love Lake Rd, Atlantic Mine, MI 49905.

Thanks for any info you can provide!!
The property is just off of trail 3, ditch/road will get you there. South on Superior then east on S63 if you look at the map. The owner can guide you, they are fabulous people. Before the Freda loop was closed, it was even closer. The cabins are well appointed and owner is onsite. Which one did you reserve? The barn is really cool!

Hey, thank you so much for this information - especially about the Freda loop! It seems I have been away too long. Is the loop closed permanently? I think I need to research more about the trails....

mezz

Hey, thank you so much for this information - especially about the Freda loop! It seems I have been away too long. Is the loop closed permanently? I think I need to research more about the trails....
The Freda loop has been closed as well as trail 3 from Dollar Bay to Lake Linden since 2018 due to the Fathers Day flood that decimated a good chunk of our area. Don't let that deter you from coming, these are just some area's that have not yet been repaired due to bureaucratic BS. On the bright side, the damaged trails are suppose to be repaired in 2022. Long over due.

Hey Mezz, thanks for the additional background, I just had not heard. Have had a hiatus of sorts but I am glad to be coming back.