How cold is a nytro

racenut

Looking at a left over yamaha nytro was wondering how cold you get riding one since there looks like there is not much wind protection.the sled does have the deflectors by the windshield that is a medium height. Thanks ALSO HOW DO THEY HANDLE COMPARED TO MY 2008 APEX RTX

Last edited:

yamarage07

a friend of mine has a nytro nice sled to play around on but for trail riding the gas tank is 2 small, in my opinion.It only has a 7 gallon tank on it and and he's always wondering when the next gas pump is going to be coming up.

eagle1

I have side shields and tall windshield and I'am fine. Never understood all the mags saying how cold it was, a decent set of riding gear and you'll be fine. Biggest problem is the hand warmers. Need to get rockmeisters heater fix!!! Adjust the handgaurds to keep wind off good to go.

Handling is in eye of the beholder so you'll have to adjust to your liking. Biggest thing I love is the riding position, just awesome. Jumped on a friends new Vector and it just felt old school compared to my Nytro

racenut

I have side shields and tall windshield and I'am fine. Never understood all the mags saying how cold it was, a decent set of riding gear and you'll be fine. Biggest problem is the hand warmers. Need to get rockmeisters heater fix!!! Adjust the handgaurds to keep wind off good to go.

Handling is in eye of the beholder so you'll have to adjust to your liking. Biggest thing I love is the riding position, just awesome. Jumped on a friends new Vector and it just felt old school compared to my Nytro

the riding position to me also feels more comfortable compared to my apex just was checking on hoe cold you are.as for the hand warmers my apex are also awful

harvest1121

If your worried about cold hands buy the skinz hard guards. My hands always got cold did not matter what sled and how good the hand warmers are. They just block the wind. I bought mine from sled solutions. It was the best money a spent did not need the expensive gloves I just bought.

salmonbum

They are really cold because the handling is horrible and when you loose control and hit a tree, you might have to wait hrs before help arrives. I know, I saw it happen in front of my eyes.

G

G

If you like to ride aggressively and stand up a lot you will like the Nytro. If you get some handguards on it you will not get too cold if you ride in above 0 temps. As was stated the Nytro comes with the smaller gas tank which will seem really small if you are getting off an Apex. The Nytro will run out of poop at about 100mph indicated. However it will be a lot of fun up to 100. If you like to sit on your butt and cruise keep the Apex.