How much do you ride you mtn sled in the midwest?

tomk

How much do you ride your mtn sled in the midwest?

I only have one sled so my mtn sled is also my backcountry/trail sled. It is a 99 poo 700 with a 156x2 with no sway bar. It does pretty good on the trails, but it is kind of a tank in the twisty trails. My track is holding up ok but not great. Just wondering what other guys do. In a perfect world I would have two sleds but need the funding first. :)

Last edited:

polarisrider1

I only have one sled so my mtn sled is also my backcountry/trail sled. It is a 99 poo 700 with a 156x2 with no sway bar. It does pretty good on the trails, but it is kind of a tank in the twisty trails. My track is holding up ok but not great. Just wondering what other guys do. In a perfect world I would have two sleds but need the funding first. :)

add scratchers to save your hyfax, and helps big time with cooling. I do the same thing as you.

tomk

I have scratchers on my skis, they work awesome! I still hate riding when the snow is iced over, tried to go to the gas station today it was about 32 degrees and everything was still ice, bummer...

fgsacts

Have only owned mountain sleds for the past three years. I rarely ride trails any longer. We have trailered to avoid a 30 mile trail run, lol. If I was only riding up north I probably would have some kind of crossover but we go out west twice a year (except this year) and I appreciate every square inch of track when in the mountains.

polarisrider1

Have only owned mountain sleds for the past three years. I rarely ride trails any longer. We have trailered to avoid a 30 mile trail run, lol. If I was only riding up north I probably would have some kind of crossover but we go out west twice a year (except this year) and I appreciate every square inch of track when in the mountains.

It's not like you haven't been invited. No more excuses.

fgsacts

Who's making excuses? The only one suffering for my schedule is me. I need a mountain fix bad but family comes first.

polarisrider1

Who's making excuses? The only one suffering for my schedule is me. I need a mountain fix bad but family comes first.
We got next year. Now don't sell the bike to make your boat go faster. (unless that is a way to get the new bike you were looking at in Sturgis.) Sleds must be red or green in your garage so we can keep the white one in my garage.