I think this may need to turn in my man card after this post

John I noticed in the last Journal that you and Nora have a Bob Stroller. My wife and I have a baby coming in November. My wife is a planner and reaseacher which can drive a guy like me nuts so for the last two weeks I have heard nothing but stroller reviews and car seat reviews. I do try to act excided but its tuff to believe its all that big of a deal but seeing how she is pregnet and I have been asked to help.
What do you think about the stroller any problems likes and dislikes?

By the way I also think it is great that you are going to be at the Milwaukee snow show. I worked at a local shop in Waukesha and did the snow shows for seven years I always liked the snow shows because it was always good people watching.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
skeeter2010-

Hang in there. If you think it's tough before the baby arrives. Just wait until they arrive! Then the decisions really get going. What to wear, eat, sleep in/on, which formula/diapers/wipes, CRIPES!

Just put your wife in touch with Nora and the two can go on for hours.

With regard to the Bob stroller. It is very nice for walks outside. The big pneumatic tires allow it go to pretty much everywhere, even on the bush roads of the Keweenaw and firm sand. Of the strollers with the large pneumatic tires, I hear the Bob is the best and will testify to the fact that we love it.

In the beginning we also had a stroller that had the car seat that you could snap into, which was nice for trips and indoors. Just carry the baby in the car seat and when you need the stroller, just drop the seat into it and go. Problem was the small wheels did not make it very good outside. Thus our reason to get the Bob. However I think you almost really need both as the both serve different and important purposes.

Good luck and congrats on the pending new arrival!

-John

thunderstruck88

Hi Skeeter I work in retail and just want you to be on the look out for products that have been recalled for safety concerns . More cribs, strollers and car seats are being recalled for not being made properly . Just wanted you to be on the look out for that God bless you and your wife on your up coming daughter or son !!!!!

radsrh

Not to jump the post but..... We just had a little one and for her shower received a Jeep liberty stroller. it is a 3 wheel stroller with the large pneumatic tires that works great on bumpy roads and sand. It has lots and lots of storage areas and for the most part will take any car seat that fits into a base in the car. Very nice to go outside and drop the seat in the base, get the stroller out open it and pop the car seat right into the stroller and go, and back again.

lofsfire

skeeter2010-

I had to look up what type of stroller the BOB was. We have a running type stroller that my wife picked out and we both like but I have one complaint. It's front wheel can only go straight. Which is great outside etc. go to the mall or stores its a different story. I did see after we already had ours they make some that the wheel can be locked or swiveled. It looks like BOB has both. Just something to think about. By the way might want to check ebay, craigslist, etc. for used. But if your wife is like mine just bring it home and don't tell her its not new.

radsrh

I agree I did have a running type and the front wheel was fixed, the Jeep has the option of either. you can lock it straight or release it to make turning much nicer

scott_b

We owned a less expensive jogging type stroller (Jeep or Baby Trend, can't remember) with the wheel that can swivel or be locked straight. It worked fine and we were happy with it until we tried our friends BOB. The difference between the less expensive models and the BOB is kind of like comparing a Chevy Aveo and and Cadillac CTS, they both serve the same purpose of getting you from point A to point B, one just does it with more comfort and features. And Yes, if you use it anywhere outside of the mall, the difference is that big.

As a side note, the resale value of the BOB's are great...

thunderstruck88

Britax Stroller Recall
Posted: 2/11/2010

The Britax Company is recalling it's "Blink" style strollers because of a danger when unfolding it.

It involves all single umbrella strollers. When unfolding it, a child's finger can get trapped and injured inside the hinges.

They were sold nationwide at several major retailers from July 2009-February 2010 for about $150.

Stroller owners can contact the company to get free hinge covers to fix the problems.

Click the link below to contact the company

mjkaliszak

Few things can test your manhood like raising children. Keep your card, you might even get a gold star at the end of things, just like in kindergarden. Pray for a heathy child, that's the most important thing ( IMO ).