I THOUGHT the season was over...silly me!

mountainmaxman

Well we managed to get another ride in this season--April 12. The Peshekee and Arvon have been our favorite spot for go for the past couple of weeks.

This time I had someone take a few pix of ME for a change! They could have been something besides falling into the swamp tho'!

77996.jpg

The first one was the second OOPS in about 15 minutes. Sometimes being the last in a line isn't the best. I fell through the little swamp and gotter stuck. And to add insult to injury, I took a step back and fell into the middle of it--in fact, I'm standing in the goo in the pic. BOY DID THAT STUFF STINK! Soaked one side and the back of my leathers not to mention my gloves, boots and liners...made for a cold ride back!

77997.jpg

Gotta watch out for those boulders which seem to get pregnant and really pop up this time of year! Did a really good number on the spindle as you can see. The ski was totally bent backward.

After getting her back on "solid and straight ground", a little standing on it bent things back into shape. Steering was a little sloppy and broke the "puller" on the ski. This was the first oops. I should have turned around and headed back to the vehicles then, but it was just too nice to call it quits.

After I gotter back to the trailer, no one was around to hold the trailer down, so I packed some snow on it and started to load up the trailer. Just as I got close, a wind gust picked up and began to push the rear back level.

Short story, the damaged right side caught the back of the trailer, broke the tie rod, bent the H-E- double toothpicks out of the brand new carbides installed the night before and even bent the trailer!

77998.jpg

Nothing like turning yer sled into a jet ski for a little spring ridin' on Da Pashekee River. Sean, the guy on the Kitty cat was awesome. He almost went swimming a couple of times--that rear dropped WAY below the water on several occasions-- but was scootin' all over the place!

77999.jpg

Same Kitty Cat but on more solid ground in the woods. Snow was EXCELLENT until late afternoon when the sun came out and started making things a little sticky.

78000.jpg

A little R&R during a "social stop"!

It was a rough day for my poor ole sled, but I wouldn't have had it any other way. What started out as a cold and windy day turned out to be a great time despite all the problems and breaks.

At least they all waited till the FINAL ride of the year...or am I going to be in the garage again this coming Friday night doing some quick repairs for another Saturday?

One could only hope!

ill_marty

Looks like a good time had by all . I tried hard to get my buds up for one more ride ,but all was busy. Thats my favorite area to ride . Maybe next year we can hook up. Let us know when some of that snow starts to melt . We go jeepin up avron road in the not snow season.

fishs_summit

Think you'll have to burn the boots....man does a swamp stink.Put only one foot in back in december.Hope to never do that again. A small price to pay for a good ride the middle of april.