Ice Fishing Shack Summer Project

starlaker

Thought some of you might be interested in this summer project my husband is working on.
He isn't finished with it yet but it is almost done. Once it's done it will be for sale in case anyone is interested. It is 6x10 with 12 volt lighting inside and out, 12 volt fans and wood heat. Catch covers are included and he will install them wherever the new owner desires.
Check it out. Dawn

Attachments

• 100_3731 (Small).jpg
    100_3731 (Small).jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 100_3732 (Small).jpg
    100_3732 (Small).jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 100_3733 (Small).jpg
    100_3733 (Small).jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 100_3734 (Small).jpg
    100_3734 (Small).jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 123

starlaker

He isn't sure yet. He usually puts ski's under them and we can pull them on and off with a snowmobile or 4 wheeler so we can get out early ice and not have to wait till it holds a full
size vehicle. It fits on a two place snowmobile trailer so it can be hauled around very easy from the lake back to home or wherever. He can put wheels on it if someone wants him to though.

misty_pines

That ice house looks great. Nice size too. I like the idea of having on skis so you can pull it with a snowmobile.

chords

After getting stuck in 18" of slush and water and struggling alone to get sled and then shanty turned around and back on solid snow and feeling good to be alive and not another drowning statistic, 2 hrs later I got on land and went into the garage and mounted waterskis with old hyfax as wearbars and went back out. As usual, I should have known better.

Now bare ice or deep snow I'm good to go.

Attachments

• mixup%20067[1].JPG
    mixup%20067[1].JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 94

starlaker

It sure makes it easy to haul with skis with the hyfax. If we want to move ours and it's not going far we even just push it ourselves. Sometime if the snow is really deep we will take a few passes with our sleds to make a packed down trail but normally don't even have to do that. Happy fishing.... Dawn