Illinois Interstate Shutdown

pclark

Just watching the pictures from that catastrophe, man, what a frightening experience. Hope no one was involved in it, thoughts and prayers to those who lost loved ones.

old abe

Dirt and dust blowing hard everywhere down here. Terrible sustained winds. Finally settled down late last night.

pclark

I've driven those interstates before and they are so wide open. Not surprised that this happened, the Greenies will probably blame the farmers and try and shut them down.

old abe

I've driven those interstates before and they are so wide open. Not surprised that this happened, the Greenies will probably blame the farmers and try and shut them down.
The problem is some fertilizer, and chemical blow away also. $$$$

euphoric1

if everyone would just drive a battery powered car, switch to electric home heat, hang your wash out to dry instead of using an energy wasting appliance, etc.... we wouldn't have these problems and oh yeah its the farmers fault too.

Thoughts and prayers to all who were affected by this.

pclark

if everyone would just drive a battery powered car, switch to electric home heat, hang your wash out to dry instead of using an energy wasting appliance, etc.... we wouldn't have these problems and oh yeah its the farmers fault too.

Well, i have electric heat and it's very expensive, switching to Natural gas as soon as we re-model.

latner

Well, i have electric heat and it's very expensive, switching to Natural gas as soon as we re-model.
just heard today that the energy co's need to raise rates on NG by 18% so they can continue the move to becoming more green. :mad:

pclark

just heard today that the energy co's need to raise rates on NG by 18% so they can continue the move to becoming more green. :mad:
I am not surprised, lots of things don't make sense, Ford says sales of EV Vehicles down 25%, i see gas is going down the couple of weeks for some reason, winter and really high NG use is coming to an end. This green thing just doesn't have the legs to get off the ground right now but they will keep pushing it.

Hoosier

I am not surprised, lots of things don't make sense, Ford says sales of EV Vehicles down 25%, i see gas is going down the couple of weeks for some reason, winter and really high NG use is coming to an end. This green thing just doesn't have the legs to get off the ground right now but they will keep pushing it.
You won't have much choice in a few years.

pclark

You won't have much choice in a few years.
Honestly it's going to be a big fail until there is a plan to transition and that won't happen in a few years. Maybe in Lib cities it will but not where I live. The only way it doesn't fail is that it is highly subsidized by the taxpayers which it already is, still not going to be enough. If you have plan on making the Military & Post Office all EV to get your numbers up you don't have buy-in from people. Hard to afford a $70,000 vehicle and most are two car families.

old abe

LMAO, euphoric1, good one! However we've always had electrical appliances, as my father used to sell appliances. So I guess that means we're doing our part, perhaps? LOL,!

old abe

Gasoline and diesel should be cheaper than what the y are. WTI crude is at $68.46 this morning. Gas and diesel at the pump is once again is over priced! Farm fuel delivered also.

goofy600

Old Abe what did farm fuel cost if you don’t mind saying? Just curious or price down there compared to UP.

whitedust

Zero emission mandates are garbage the date will come and go and libs will write in a new undoable date. Lol In the meantime no meaningful transition plan is presented just lines in the sand that come and go. 🤷‍♂️

old abe

Old Abe what did farm fuel cost if you don’t mind saying? Just curious or price down there compared to UP.
goofy600, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Been busier than you know what getting the crops in. Finished up yesterday after lunch. :giggle: Off road red diesel is at $2.98 per gal delivered today. To me that is $0.25 to $0.30 higher than it should be. Farm fuel demand will start to decrease now, and hopefully get back to the normal basis. I hope?