Inches on ground

robgoggins

Hi John,

Thanks for running this site. My son and I are new to snowmobiling and a friend turned us on to your site as a valuable resource for figuring out where to go in northern MN and WI. I have a question about your map that appears to show the amount of snow on the ground in a region. The key at the bottom shows inches (and cm). Am I correct in assuming that reflects inches of snow ALREADY ON THE GROUND? Or is it just showing the amount of snow due to fall in the next ?? hours?

Ultimately what I'm after is something that shows me how much snow is on the ground so I know where to point our SUV and head to for a 1-2 day snowmobile trip.

Thanks much!

- Rob

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I am playing catch up with the snowcover maps. Hope to update them today. So all the data is old right now.

Sorry!

just_ride

Hi John,

Thanks for running this site. My son and I are new to snowmobiling and a friend turned us on to your site as a valuable resource for figuring out where to go in northern MN and WI. I have a question about your map that appears to show the amount of snow on the ground in a region. The key at the bottom shows inches (and cm). Am I correct in assuming that reflects inches of snow ALREADY ON THE GROUND? Or is it just showing the amount of snow due to fall in the next ?? hours?

Ultimately what I'm after is something that shows me how much snow is on the ground so I know where to point our SUV and head to for a 1-2 day snowmobile trip.

Thanks much!

- Rob
i am not john but
already on the ground
just_ride

jd

Administrator
Staff member
just_ride is correct. The snow cover maps show snow on the ground.

Hey John, I see for the UP map you have the date and the lower you do not, is the lower also up to date, Date would be nice, thanks for the great site