Iron County Trail

dragon_07

Looking for some info. on the trail system in Iron county, we are thinking of riding from Mercer up to Hurley in the next couple of weeks. I see a trail 8 marked in purple on the map that is listed as very difficult, has anyone been on this trail and if so what makes it very difficult? Would be looking for a good place to park and ride for the day or a good place to stay over night both in Mercer. Any info. about the area and general trail conditions would be greatly appreciated.

markshop

Trails are not difficult. Just some mud and rocks. There is a lot of good places to stay in Mercer. Depends on what your looking for.

srt20

I believe trail 8 west of hwy 51 is closed.It has some very deep mud holes. The best trail in my opinion is the trail from Hurley out to Saxon. I forget the number of the trail. Otherwise alot of the trails are firelane road type trails.

maddog24

That part of trail 8 (west of 51) can have a lot of water. There is a way to bypass around most of it. A lot of rock and water.

dragon_07

I checked with the chamber at Mercer and they said the section that is closed is trail 8 that goes north from Mercer and is east of 51. They gave pretty much the same description of the section west of 51, lots of mudd and rocks.