Iron river/crystal falls?

purproadking

and must see sights while 4 wheeling this area? never been over this way before. also any good bar / restaurant stops to make?

Chippewa Resort west of Crystal Falls is a good place to stop. Also the Wooden Nickel Bar 5 miles west of Iron river. Only been there by sled. I assume you can get there on ATV's also. Both right off of trail.

hemicoupe

Stop for a pasty at the Pasty corner in Iron River ( 825 W Adams St. (906) 265-3022 ). Great Pasties. We stop there every time we pass through there on ATV's. I don't think they are open on sundays tho.

alchippewa

Hello purproadking!!

Yes, there are plenty of great things to see and places to ride in the Crystal Falls, Iron River area!!We have info. and maps if you need them. If there is anything you need, including great food, refreshments and Lodging, give us a call at The Chippewa Resort. (906) 875-3117 We are located 4 miles west of Crystal Falls on Highway U.S. 2. We are also directly on Trail #16 The Chippewa Trail!! If you have a local snowmobile trail map, the loop of Trails #2, #113 and #16 have just been added to the State of Michigan ORV Trail System. Also All Iron County roads are now open to ATV use. For any additional info. or lodging reservations, please give us a call. And remember, when you are on the trail, Ride Smart, Ride Safe!! al@chippewaresort.com

skip_schulz

The IRM ORV Trail begins in Iron River. It is a part of the hundreds of miles of ATV Trails that are signed and on the Mi-TRALE Western UP ATV Map.

purproadking

I should of said I have ridden many of the IRM trails before, usually from the Watersmeet area, but have also been to Bruce Crossing, and Houghton. Just never been to Iron River. Want to make sure I dont miss any must sees. I have ridden sleds and utvs all over western MI, but never from there. Im very excited to see what the fall colors will look like up there. Seems like I never travel to the UP without a trailer in tow. Thanx for any info guys. p.s. I have a mi-trale map from 08, are there many changes to 09?

skip_schulz

purproadking, the only change on the Mi-TRALE map would be the VC Trail, that is off the P Trail. It is just a short 'loop' off the P Trail.

We're currently working on some more new trails.

Our next map with all the new ORV Trails will most likely not come out for at least another year.

Costs a lot to do a map, and we want to wait till we have the trail agreements in place for all the new trails.

Wait till you see all the new trails Mi-TRALE is working on...you're going to be impressed!

Skip