Iron River

Wolfman1

Anybody ride north/west out of Iron River, MI in the last day or two? Want to trailer up and ride out of there. The Americinn web cam has been down all season.
Thanks!

Todays report states thin conditions and they have stopped grooming until more snow, whicj could be awhile according to foirecasts.......15N to Sidnaw is temporarily closed to the 111 Amasa/Sidnaw junction for a bridge repair, for that reason 111 to Amasa has not been groomed either,,,,, cant get the groomer thru...... Only way to Amasa is to backtrack 111 out of Crystal Falls.

whitedust

I have been researching that area too. I can tell you 15n to Amasa has a bridge under DNR repair From Trail 2 that blocks any grooming of 111 to Amasa 111 is open but hasn’t seen a groomer. I have no idea if 15n to Sidnaw at the 111 junction has been groomed either?? Other trails around IR don’t have a lot of snow probably fair at best. Please let me know what you find out.

sr22ger

15 wasn’t groomed on either end, but there wasn’t closed signs either. We didn’t take 2 all the way to iron river, but up to 10 miles east of 107 it was mint. 107 was in the best shape of any trail we rode in 200 miles Saturday. Epic. 3 was good, as were the Watersmeet sections of 2. 8 was sloppy, but plenty of snow and relatively smooth Sidnaw to 3 south.

Well worth riding the area imo. We didn’t go north of Sidnaw either, but based on the snow they had it would have been good with regular grooming. I would say if you head west and north from IR you are good, even with the warm weather predicted.

whitedust

15 wasn’t groomed on either end, but there wasn’t closed signs either. We didn’t take 2 all the way to iron river, but up to 10 miles east of 107 it was mint. 107 was in the best shape of any trail we rode in 200 miles Saturday. Epic. 3 was good, as were the Watersmeet sections of 2. 8 was sloppy, but plenty of snow and relatively smooth Sidnaw to 3 south.

Well worth riding the area imo. We didn’t go north of Sidnaw either, but based on the snow they had it would have been good with regular grooming. I would say if you head west and north from IR you are good, even with the warm weather predicted.
Thanks I suspected 15n wasn’t groomed since bridge is out and groomer can’t get thru. Sounds like Iron Range chooses to keep 15n and 111 open with zero grooming. Imo not a good idea for riders that don’t know the conditions. I’m happy 107 is in good conditions Iron Range probably concentrating effort on that trail.

Wolfman1

Thanks for the info. Plan to head west toward Watersmeet and beyond. Sounds like we'll be ok. Appreciate it!