It Must Be Getting Close

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's a chill in the air in the mornings, early Maples are turning color...
and my Trail Pass came in the mail today.
Winter 2023/24
Let's Hope It's Epic!

Trail Pass.jpg

hybrid

I hoe it holds off for a couple more months up here, I need to get dried in!
yes i hope it holds out too
not ready for winter till at least the end of october
lots of talk about the squirrels tails being extra fluffy and the dear coats color is darker
so the animals are thinking early winter lol
next couple weeks look ok
but once we get into october it could be a different story
been a few years since we had a early start to winter

goofy600

Started framing an addition in October 2020 and had to shovel the roof 3 or 4 just to get the ice and water shield down, though at least roof sealed. First week of November it was 70 and shingled the whole roof in 4 days. So anything can happen this time of year.

whitedust

Paul you’re good for September, October can be tricky and snowy. Cranberry fest was moved to second weekend in October because it got snowed out twice. One time cranberry fest was 80 degrees so many good building days in October. First week of November can bring anything time to wrap loose ends up put the battery in the sled. 👍

pclark

Paul you’re good for September, October can be tricky and snowy. Cranberry fest was moved to second weekend in October because it got snowed out twice. One time cranberry fest was 80 degrees so many good building days in October. First week of November can bring anything time to wrap loose ends up put the battery in the sled. 👍
Pete, it has been nice here in October as well, but anything can happen, gotta step on it the next few weeks.

skiroule

There's a chill in the air in the mornings, early Maples are turning color...
and my Trail Pass came in the mail today.
Winter 2023/24
Let's Hope It's Epic!

Agree about the feeling of fall Gary. Was sitting out on the deck tonight enjoying a cold one, taking in the fall colors and it really drove home the point that the summer of 2023 is pretty much in the books. I love summer and kind of hate to see it end but then, I feel the same way about winter when I take what I know will be my last sled ride of the year. Even so, it isn't very long before I start getting excited about the change in seasons and what the new season has to offer.;

I was able to get out and work for a while in the shop a couple of nights ago and I actually lit a fire to take the chill off. Probably the only thing that smells better than burning wood is the smell of burning two-stroke oil.

rph130

Got my call from Land O Lakes Recreation yesterday. New Snowmobile is in and ready to be picked up or delivered. A little relieved. When my daughter spring ordered hers a few years ago, it was delivered until late December.