Its Bike buying season! zx-14

mrbb

darn for 2 k thats a heck of a deal on a great bike
be safe there sneaky fast bikes there!

snocrazy

yeah - it just has some right side plastic damage. Aftermarket kits avail. Even matching the stock color.
You think you are riding it mellow and you look down and your putzing along at 110 at 5 grand in 6th.

mrbb

yeah - it just has some right side plastic damage. Aftermarket kits avail. Even matching the stock color.
You think you are riding it mellow and you look down and your putzing along at 110 at 5 grand in 6th.
HAHA< and YUP< that's a lot of motor in this bike, and its a smooth riding machine too, has the extra weight to make it a touring bike if you wanted to
I lack self control yet, I just cannot go slow on these bikes, I try , but they run so smooth and easy at a 100+ its silly, you don't even feel like your going fast and if you WANT, a little twist on throttle and you get up and go like crazy yet even from a 100
how do you stay at 65-70 mph speed limits?? for long!
its a honest effort to stay at the speed limit, just a few rpms and your WAY over it L LOL
some day maybe I will mature and have more self control on a longer time frame
or that's what I say every time I buy one and then find myself selling it cause I ain;'t there YET!

snocrazy

so true!!! Cruising at 100 seems mellow. 55 you feel like you are standing still.
I had rockets in my 20's. I am thinking I am now older and wiser (mid 40's). You have to respect the things.
When I was younger every gear red line. Wheelies past cops just to have fun and have them chase me. Guess I am going to see if this older wiser deal is for real or not.

Touring - I am going to raise the handlebars 1.5 inch and drop the foot pegs about the same. This seems to make a big difference based on what I have read in forums for making it a more comfortable touring bike. It will be losing the stock mufflers that have cats built in. Two Brothers pipes will be a nice fit. They sound incredible paired with this motor. Going to need a tune also to match.
Here I am excited about next summer. Kind of crazy. I will be snowmobiling in a Month!

mrbb

you sound like me, back in my 20's I ran with a bunch of wild guys on sport bikes, which even lead me to get into tracks and racing them some what(honestly more to get access to legally ride super fast than winning) as for the PO PO, LOL
well lets say I am very lucky I knew so many so well, and others in places, have had a few high speed chases, one that even landed me in jail and a LOT of fines and added costs to having fun! LOL
as even back then was able to laugh it off, now, I'd hate to waste that kind of cash again, on being dumb!
plus these days with so many camera's and radios to get ahead of you, I just cannot afford to play like I used to!
and yes raising the bars and lowering the pegs will make it better, PENDING how tall you are.

I personal would log some miles on it AS IS< before =modding anything, exhausts can make some added HP and sound cool, but they also become to me, annoying on really long rides , pending how they play out!

that's a lot of motor as is, that you will never really be using much IMO, at speed legal limits, you'll just be putting along hardly breaking a sweat on this motor! almost lugging the motor at times LOL

I do miss the bikes I had, and MAYBE some day will get another one, but its hard to go slow on anything made to go fast IMO, my reflexes ain't what they used to be, nor is my vision, so some days I think??? maybe never again, unless I REALLY have some self control, or might end up real fast learning the hard way I am still not old enough ! for anything but more ache's and pains! HAHA

kirk600

On my ZRX i used Buell pegs to lower them about an inch. They are one piece aluminum with the drop built in......about $55.00 for the pair if i remember correctly.

snocrazy

bike.jpg

I finished her and it has been a great summer of riding.
I installed a power commander 5 with the 2 brothers carbon black pipes. It sounds sooooo good. Backfires on downshifts.
Complete paint job - used a subaru wr6 color. That is complimented by carbon fiber on the lowers.
No police issues yet..... I dd get a speeder in my mini van couple weeks back lol. Choclay township south of Marquette.
I love the ride out to Grand Marie on h58. (trail 8)

Hope you are all having a great summer. We have been grading the trails all around Munising. ORV riding is top notch.
Trails will be super flat again this winter.

Attachments

• IMG_20190717_165211.jpg
    IMG_20190717_165211.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 20

mrbb

looks great, and stay safe, this time of yr, them critters are in food mode trying to bulk up for winter !

1fujifilm

View attachment 60594

I finished her and it has been a great summer of riding.
I installed a power commander 5 with the 2 brothers carbon black pipes. It sounds sooooo good. Backfires on downshifts.
Complete paint job - used a subaru wr6 color. That is complimented by carbon fiber on the lowers.
No police issues yet..... I dd get a speeder in my mini van couple weeks back lol. Choclay township south of Marquette.
I love the ride out to Grand Marie on h58. (trail 8)

Hope you are all having a great summer. We have been grading the trails all around Munising. ORV riding is top notch.
Trails will be super flat again this winter.

Nice to hear guys still ride both sleds and bikes. Most of my friends are out of both or do just one.
I was thinking of getting back in myself, been out of a bike since last summer (2018).
Last one was a 2007 Bandit 1250, had FZ-1's too and even a 2013 CTX-1300.
My choices for a quality cheap bike is down to a Suzuki B-King (friend has that and it's also a beast) and I see a guy in Munising has a Suzuki M-109 on Craigslist.

Do you know the guy?

Bear

1fujifilm

Dont know the guy. All my friends ride harleys....

10-4, thanks.

Ended up with an 05 V-Star 1100 Silverado to tool around on.
Couldn't pass up the price under 2k, A little slow above 60 MPH but at least I can park the truck when it is sunny.

Bear

snocrazy

The bike turned out great. I did the handlebar risers and left pegs stock. I am 6' 225lbs - The ride is comfortable. Put on maybe 2000 miles on it down in Lake Geneva area this summer.
WI was the place to go with all of the MI and IL Corona lockdown bs.
What a strange summer. Start working on the sleds this weekend. Getting cold at night..... In the garage with the wood burner going really gets you thinking snow.

robertcladner86

The Ninja 400 proves to be a fantastic beginner motorcycle and its friendly character allows riders of varying experience to simply hop on and go for it. It looks good, rides well on our roads and is comfortable over long distances as well :courage::cool: