It's going to be a great weekend for riding!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
It has been snowing pretty much non-stop up here since Saturday. Although we did not reap the benefits of the "Bayfield Bomber" late yesterday...it did form, but the winds were just a tad bit too much out of the south and the banding stayed off the shoreline of the Keweenaw :( ...we have picked up around 15-16" new since then and it is finally starting to look like it should around here in January. Not "obscene" amounts of snow, but getting there and the forecast looks good, with snows in the forecast every day from now through the weekend.

I took a short ride in the truck (too cold for this spoiled rider) today up to Phoenix and snapped some shots. Here is the same location of the shot that I posted in last Sunday's journal. Things have improved nicely.
IMG_1153.JPG
Here is the trail headed NE out of Mohawk.
IMG_1156.JPG
Here is the trail crossing of Hwy 41 just SW of Phoenix.
IMG_1154.JPG IMG_1155.JPG
I also saw some shots of the trails up in the Delaware/Copper Harbor area on the Facebook thing posted by a friend and have permission to post them here.
bm1.jpg bm2.jpg bm3.jpg
It is dead quiet up here right now, obviously will change by the weekend, but man-o-man, if it were about 10 degrees warmer, I would be all over these!!!

-John

clark_w

Thanks John,
That is fantastic news, we won't be up until the 20th and hope they just keep getting more snow.
So is the good snow covering all the way up to Copper and to the tip, as well as Lac La Belle and Gay????

Clark

jan_fisher

just talked to my brother in paynesville, east of bruces. he said it was snowing so hard there he couldnt see more than 50' out the window.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks John,
That is fantastic news, we won't be up until the 20th and hope they just keep getting more snow.
So is the good snow covering all the way up to Copper and to the tip, as well as Lac La Belle and Gay????

Clark
I have not heard anything about Gay, but do know that both the trail from Lake Linden to Gay and Gay to Lac La Belle are the two that we have problems with wet spots on. It has been cold, so they might be froze up, but I have not heard. Copper Harbor and Lac La Belle are good.

-John