Its on!!! houghton bridge?

rturg

Well, no boondocking, but I will be coming up late this Thursday to the Parkview. Think there will be plenty of snow to do some trail riding and some of the logging roads, well traveled logging roads that is. First trip up with the new Fiance who I am trying to get into the sport. I told her she was very special to be going to the U.P. on what is normally the boys playland. Had to convert my renegade to a two up!!!! that darn extra seat is a ton of money!! But less than another sled. It comes off real easy for riding with the boys later! (or girls...to be politically correct.) Hope we can get accross the bridge as it looks like the keewanaw will have more snow. Anyone have an update on the bridge in houghton? Tell Dave to fix them plows and get them dumping some of that snow over the mat!

ezra

don't over do it ! ease her in to it lots of bar stops maby a few shopping stops bring her to the sights waterfalls high rail trestles.no more than a few hrs at a time most women don't like the 12 to 14 hr hit it hard all day trips give her even close to that you will never get her on a seld again

peter

I did that with my wife, ended up costing me lots of money on new sled, clothing, bigger trailer etc... If I'm lucky I'll get 2-3 boys trips a year. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy riding with her.

phil4snow

Yes what ezra said. We can ride for 2 weeks straight when she might want to ride for 2 hours straight. You over do it and she wont want to ride again.

My buddies have more miles on my wife's sled than she does! Her tiny little thumb just can't take much more than 20 miles or so. Sucks.

1-snowbullet

Haaa Haa Haa -- I had to laugh about this post : They say Yaaa I will try it then full blown into it about 1 year then they get a sled they dont like the 2nd year . now they ride only some times (( back hurts to cold ect bla bla bla )) . year 4 another new sled that they had to have promising they will ride you fall for it year 6 sell the sled now she wants a 2 up and promising to still go year 7 No new sled yet refuse to sell your boy toy to buy a 2 up cause you know better . Gained a empty spot in trailor now looking for snow coach for my dog to pull behind sled dog likes sledding more than wife ---wife would rather stay home and watch tv .. smile it could happen to you as it did to me !!

bankers_hours

Yup, subject brought back memories for me too. Pre-marriage, talked her out of a FL Keys honeymoon and instead, purchased sleds. Honeymooned on the Gunflint Trail in MN. Had good riding together, then came twins 16 years ago. Riding ceased (for her), her sled sat for years, there for use by buddys if needed and she never had the desire to get back into it. But, she understands my passion for the sport and now my son (1/2 of the twins) is taking her place as one of my riding partners. Funny how things evolve but the sport stays a focal point.