January Thaw Line?

limey

John,

You daily forecast the past two days mentions a January thaw for a couple of days next week. None of the "other" weather forecasting sites are calling for a thaw to happen in the midwest. I've found your forecasts to be much more accurate than the others, so can you share your insights as to where the thaw line will be next week?

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I don't answer personal forecast questions in this forum, but in my forecast text, I do say:

Temps by Wednesday and Thursday look to reach into the mid 30’s in most of the region, with some low 40’s possible in the far south.

-John

limey

Apologies if I didn't follow your site rules. I wasn't looking for a personal forecast, just clarification on your line that specifically said "most of the region". Since "most" does not mean "all", that means some areas will not experience a thaw and I was just trying to find out if those areas were known.

nickels

Hopefully John is wrong on this one. I'm in IL and both twc, and accu weather aren't really showing the thaw. Only predicting one day at a high 33 from one of them. I would rather see it down here then in the UP because thats where I'll be at the time.

slimcake

I to will be in the gogebic area next week. Temps are going to be 50 degrees warmer than when we were there last year!!

frnash

There's always a January thaw!

It seems that there has virtually always been a January thaw in "da Nort woods" of da Yoop, never mind further south. The only questions are how severe, how long, and exactly where in the midwest. {smile}

nickels

I to will be in the gogebic area next week. Temps are going to be 50 degrees warmer than when we were there last year!!

We rode same time last year in Price Cty WI. I think we saw 10 sleds during 4 days of riding and they were all on the last day when it got above 0!

cmharcou

This is so true. We arrived last year Jan 12th in Hancock and had -24 on my truck. Were arriving next week in White pine to 30 degrees! Get your tanning oil out boys!