Jeep

mrbb

well don't own one now, but over the yrs I have had maybe 25-30 different jeeps, from the Willy's army models of the 50's to some of the more current one's of the late 80's
haven't had any newer one's however
but some had some serious modifications to them, , I raced a few off road in many events, and also did mud bog racing on a semi pro level, 1,000+ hp rigs that that went across mud pits in a few seconds! LOL
Got out of them, for larger trucks, then monster trucks,
made the cover of a few magazines back in the late 90's on some of them! and last one went ona tour across the USA, and then into Europe, where its at now,due to the guy that bought it when we sold it lives there!

All I can say is like many things, its real easy to get carried away with mods and the amount of $$ one can sink into things !! Typically, one mod, just leads to finding the next weak link, and turns into a endless game of upgrading LOL

srt20

18 JLUR 2.0T. Bought it new little more than a year ago. Fun toy.
Aluminum front bumper and Smittybuilt winch, Roam rock sliders, bought a soft top for summer, a fold out tailgate table (forgot the brand name). Some other small interior mods and shorter antenna.
Next plans are 35" tires, not sure if we're doing wheels or not yet. I like the OEM rubicon wheels. May do a small lift if it looks funny on 35s without a lift. Not sure after that.
But I am doing suspension and tires on my 18 F150 before the Jeep gets anymore stuff. The stock suspension on my truck sucks.

srt20

Took the Jeep to Moab and San Juan Mtns last week. Was a blast. Knocked some bedliner off of the rock slides on a rock doing He11's Revenge trail. Dented up the skid plate some too.

Jeep was definitely more capable than I am.

jknoup

I'm coming up to Minocqua area the beginning of Oct for a leaf run. Can anyone recommend some good off road or good backroad Jeep trails in Oneida Co WI? I'm not looking for anything extreme, just getting off the beaten path, out in the woods, to enjoy the color show.