John...are your ready?

cyguy

John -

I've been hearing more and more about a Siberian Express set-up and it seems the way the weather is now, this would be par for the course. Thank the Lord for Global Warming, huh!

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
<!-- /tagline --><!-- subtitle -->
<!-- /subtitle --><!-- jumpto -->Jump to: navigation, search
<!-- /jumpto --><!-- bodytext -->Siberian Express is a shorthand meteorological term in the United States describing the arrival of an extremely cold air mass of Arctic origins. It does not necessarily refer to an origin in Siberia. The term is most commonly employed by the news media when such a frigid air mass moves into areas where it is relatively unusual, such as the Deep South or Eastern Seaboard of the United States. Meteorologically, it is typically associated with a phenomenon called the Pacific-North American teleconnection pattern (PNA).

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry about that George, I lost track of yours when I was dealing with all my other pm's concerning the team kilt/willis fiasco. They have been deleted.

cyguy

Are his long john's clean and ready? If things start to come together we could be looking at weather scenario's similar to Jan/Feb of 1977. Keep an eye open!