Johndee.com Iphone app??

thansen

Hey John

Love the site, and I dont know if it has ever been suggested or thought about before, but an app for this site would be very cool! I find myself looking at this site multiple times a day very often, and an app would be a very nice thing! I dont know if its possible or not just thought you may want to kick around the idea I would be more than willing to throw a buck or two at it every becomes a reality.

Thanks

meathead

thasen191390

Hey John

Love the site, and I dont know if it has ever been suggested or thought about before, but an app for this site would be very cool! I find myself looking at this site multiple times a day very often, and an app would be a very nice thing! I dont know if its possible or not just thought you may want to kick around the idea I would be more than willing to throw a buck or two at it every becomes a reality.

Thanks
Does that iphone come w/ a battery pack ...lol.. my phone is the size of a small briefcase ..not to up on these new tecchy things..meathead

jd

Administrator
Staff member
It has been mentioned and I believe there is an app being written by a friend of the site for the droid. Unfortunately, I do not have the resources to have them written for other platforms unless someone offers up their services to do it like is being done for the droid.

-John

blutooth

There is a vbulletin (this forum uses vbulletin software) app out there but right now you can only log on to their forum... I would guess that some day vbulletin will come out with software that allows you to look at any forum using their software... I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Polarice

It has been mentioned and I believe there is an app being written by a friend of the site for the droid. Unfortunately, I do not have the resources to have them written for other platforms unless someone offers up their services to do it like is being done for the droid.

-John

Darn, and here I'm wating until February to get the Iphone and get rid of my Droid!

ibendwire

I have a question for someone that is more tech savy than me. (which does not take much). What would the advantage be for having an app for this site. I currently have the HTC evo and never seem to have a problem getting on this site and navigating around. The only thing I have noticed is looking at pictures when they are in an attachment. Other than that I seem to be able to get around fine. Just curious.

Polarice

I have a question for someone that is more tech savy than me. (which does not take much). What would the advantage be for having an app for this site. I currently have the HTC evo and never seem to have a problem getting on this site and navigating around. The only thing I have noticed is looking at pictures when they are in an attachment. Other than that I seem to be able to get around fine. Just curious.

Apps are just cool ;)

frnash

… What would the advantage be for having an app for this site. I currently have the HTC evo and never seem to have a problem getting on this site and navigating around. …

The difference is mainly in some minor details, like trying to use the 'text features' (and other) icons at the top of the message entry window, which I do quite often. They are a pain to use on an iP4.

You can do quite well if you stick to 'plain vanilla'.

I'd still luv to have an iP4 app for JD!

ibendwire

I agree the apps are cool. Most of the ones I have are games. I kind of figured that my lack of knowledge was the reason I did not know the difference. although I am sending this message from my phone.

blabath

IBend...
I was wondering the same thing. I can do everything on my Droid2 Browser that I can do on this laptop. Can't see the point in having an app.