just a friendly word of caution with this new snow & lake riding..

pirate

Some words of caution!!! Until clubs have been able to get out on all their trails, be on the sharp lookout and be prepared for possible downed trees. Also, be ready for slush on the lakes. This much snow will push the ice down, causing many deep slush pockets. Water mixed with this much snow will be difficult to navigate. More than ever; STAY ON THE TRAIL!!! If you see slush or encounter it, KEEP THE HAMMER DOWN!!!

Good Warning I think from one of the clubs.. I know i have hit 50' patches of slush and barely made it through on lakes over the years, lot harder then water crossing..

Lets ride everyone & be safe these next few weeks...

buddah2

.......Good Warning I think from one of the clubs.. I know i have hit 50' patches of slush and barely made it through on lakes over the years, lot harder then water crossing..

Lets ride everyone & be safe these next few weeks...

That is good advice.........but I have to throw in an applicable anecdote......several years ago when I was a newbie up here, we were riding across a local lake and encountered one of those "slush monsters"......only this one was about 75 YARDS wide. I pinned it and went flying up the hill at my buddy's house..........SAFE!!!!

Fast forward to the following summer.......I'm on the same lake with a different friend fishing from his pontoon boat and I suggest "Let's go see what ***** is up to". My friend says "I can't......there's a huge sandbar there and it's only a foot deep"..........;)

snocrazy

That is good advice.........but I have to throw in an applicable anecdote......several years ago when I was a newbie up here, we were riding across a local lake and encountered one of those "slush monsters"......only this one was about 75 YARDS wide. I pinned it and went flying up the hill at my buddy's house..........SAFE!!!!

Fast forward to the following summer.......I'm on the same lake with a different friend fishing from his pontoon boat and I suggest "Let's go see what ***** is up to". My friend says "I can't......there's a huge sandbar there and it's only a foot deep"..........;)
Were you by Docs house on Corner LAke? I found that sandbarin a boat the hard way the first summer I was up here.