Just Currious 2012 Apex 91 oct fuel ??

1-snowbullet

My Bud has a 12 apex ltx and it says 91 oct .. I can run 87 oct in my 07 apex er . i know they put valves in the exaust ect ect to bring the h.p up . what my question is why in the world cant he use the 87 oct in his ?? honest opinions please ! i am wondering because im thinking on upgrading to a newer sled but the gas issue is stopping me but i like the fact his is the 144 with the 6 degree tip up in the rear and power stearing nice riding sled on mogaled trails verses the 121 skid on mine but i like the mono shock better .. im torn between new or stick with my old sled .. thanks for your input ..

whitedust

I went thru the same curve from regular with 2007 Attak GT to premium with 2012 Apex XTX. I though why do I want to do this for another 15hp?... but XTX with exup is much more crisp & gets better mpg so not such a bad trade off.IMO You want 144 tipped & I do + eps you use premium simple as that & woked out well for me.:) Apex XTX a much better sled in everyway than older Apex LTX or Attak. I would make the upgrade.

whitedust

You actually answered your own question but XTX engine is not mapped for regular must use premium simple as that & is due to the addition of exup.

dfattack

Plus...whenever you find ethanol free gas it's premium so you can't lose. With the good gas mileage and compared to cars/trucks, how much more $$$ are you really spending????

BTW, yes I have an Apex XTX and it's the best sled I have owned to date...no question about it.

whitedust

Exup

I picked this up from TY today regarding EXUP. I must say I felt a lot of this from the seat + mpg numbers but here is the data.
1) Realizes elimination of low torque in certain rpm ranges and smooth acceleration all the way up to high speed.
2) Improved actual fuel economy.
3) Improved low-speed range combustion for
(1) more stable idling,
(2) less idling noise and
(3) reduced HC levels in the exhaust

1-snowbullet

thanks everyone now ive got to decide on what i want to do keep my baby 10,000 miles strong 121 track or break down and buy a new apex xtx and still keep my baby best sled ive ever owned hands down !! my bud was complaining about how much extra cash he spends verses me on a trip l.o.l. as for fuel milage on the xtx well his actually uses more than me on trips anywhere from .5 to 1. gallon more but he gets stressed out due to the 9.2 gallon tank verses my 10.2 gallon tank when we hit the 100 mile mark he has anywhere from 1 gallon or less left where i have 2.5 to 3 gallons left at fill ups . whats really wierd is mine is modded pushing 175-185 hp verses his 155 -160 hp . anyways time will tell do i or dont i Thanks for all the comments will pass info onto him and deside when the time is right for myself ..i do like the fact the new ones went to a 127 inch track versesthe 121 but 144 hmm getting a little long even if its a 6 degree tip up ..

whitedust

thanks everyone now ive got to decide on what i want to do keep my baby 10,000 miles strong 121 track or break down and buy a new apex xtx and still keep my baby best sled ive ever owned hands down !! my bud was complaining about how much extra cash he spends verses me on a trip l.o.l. as for fuel milage on the xtx well his actually uses more than me on trips anywhere from .5 to 1. gallon more but he gets stressed out due to the 9.2 gallon tank verses my 10.2 gallon tank when we hit the 100 mile mark he has anywhere from 1 gallon or less left where i have 2.5 to 3 gallons left at fill ups . whats really wierd is mine is modded pushing 175-185 hp verses his 155 -160 hp . anyways time will tell do i or dont i Thanks for all the comments will pass info onto him and deside when the time is right for myself ..i do like the fact the new ones went to a 127 inch track versesthe 121 but 144 hmm getting a little long even if its a 6 degree tip up ..

You are good & not feeling it stay with current Apex. I felt that way since 2011 then had severe stuck with 136 2007Attak GT last year & went to 144 which is much better in the deep than your 121. I can't avoid deep powder so need 144 xtx better in every way for me.

dfattack

You are good & not feeling it stay with current Apex. I felt that way since 2011 then had severe stuck with 136 2007Attak GT last year & went to 144 which is much better in the deep than your 121. I can't avoid deep powder so need 144 xtx better in every way for me.

plus you don't feel like you have a 144" track under you when in the twisties...but it's there when you need it.

1-snowbullet

dont take it wrong the 121 suits me fine gets a little hairy when i go off trailing with it 2 times a year i only buirried it up to the windshield once . most my riding is all trail long distance .. my bud does the same but he likes off trailing also .. ive watched him in the twisties it looks like it handels well for him but never tryed his sled in the woods just in a field .. i know for a fact he cant drift the sled in the corners it sticks like glue might be his riding style . im just going to ponder on it a year or two more been looking at the venture gt also rode one on a test ride actually liked how it handeled and the demo guies actually were impressed how i drove the thing like i stold it .. time will tell prices will get higher i still remember when you could buy a sled for under 2 g new . my 07 apex was out of the box left over bought for 8400 and added 2 g more in goodies including hot hands to the bars man best investment i ever did including the aftermarket 18 3/4 windshield yaa i grampaed it a bit but not cold no more in the -13 below weather verses that darn stock shield . so all in all 91oct verses the 87 oct prices it shure is nice to say the least to drop under 20 bux verses just under 30 in the tank especially on a long trip where every penny counts ..

whitedust

Yep If gas costs are big concern stay with regular me I just don't care don't even check pump prices just look for 91 & pump till she won't take anymore.:)