Keweenaw County Pic's 3-13-09

m8man

Took the day off of work and got out with my friend John Stachler, and his brother in law Andy.. We did run across another Dee'er, Keith Anthony.. aka cuzinolaf!! Hopefully I didn't butcher his name or call sign.<font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> We hit Keweenaw county and had some fun for a few hours, what a perfect day..

Caught the clean up in the act, big banks. On the drive up to unload the sled.

106409.jpg

Another sighting but on the sled.
106410.jpg

Andy's first trench, momentus!
106411.jpg

Andy, John, and myself admiring his work
106412.jpg

More to follow.

m8man

m8man

Here are a few more, it is official that not only does John Stachler have a hill named after him in Keweenaw County but now has his pilots license.. He did well on the take-offs but the landings need some work.. The woods were a blast and we climbed around a bunch too.

John learning how to take off.
106414.jpg

A stationary landing.
106415.jpg

Ran across some others climbing too..
106416.jpg

Not to many shots as we were having fun.

Over & Out

m8man

kevisip

Sledding on Friday the 13th, isn't that dangerous? Nice pics, enjoy while you can, suppose to get up to 58 deg atleast by Mon in T/C.

samc

Chris,Looks like you guys had a great time.  It also looks like you'll be riding for another couple weeks at least.  Heading out to Western MN for one last ride today.  No one wanted to go on Friday 13th in our group. 

m8man

Just a couple from today's ride... We did find some untouched stuff but most areas were tracked up..

Our group today
106469.jpg

Lake Superior way off in the distance!
106470.jpg

Maybe more next week.

m8man

m8man

A couple of more shots that Joe sent me.

Joe and I picking a line up a hill
106535.jpg

Joe completing the climb
106536.jpg

I wonder why Joe bent the running board?? Maybe it had something to do with being 10 feet in the air all the time? Anyway, Joe had to switch up the sleds and he's working on his pilots license also..

Joe with air under the track
106537.jpg

later
m8man

m8man

Nope, I failed my pilots course.. Why do you think I'm always the one taking the pic's? Anyway, I usually hurt myself on jumps.. The elbow is still shot from 3 weeks ago..

Hope you had a safe trip back.. We did find a new route on Sat too..

Over & Out

m8man