Keweenaw trip Feb 4th-8th

This was from last year, trails were great for a few days then started to get soft snow was melting off the roads. I don't believe they have much snow up currently.
Highly recommend downloading the groomer tracker app Sled 1.jpg sled 2.jpg sled 3.jpg

Last edited:

mezz

Thanks, I've been checking the webcams. I'm hoping we can ride at least 1 day.
Not trying to be sarcastic, but, Good luck. With the little LES we received in the last 2 days is nowhere near enough to be rideable. Today, it was announced that they have officially cancelled the Copper Dog 150 sled dog race scheduled for March 1st thru the 3rd. It has been cancelled due to lack of snow (as well as the likelihood of adequate snow to have a safe base for the dogs for race time.) Though, I will say this, do come up and enjoy the amenities despite the rideability on a sled. Every business could use the traffic considering all circumstances and there are many other things to see & enjoy.

Not trying to be sarcastic, but, Good luck. With the little LES we received in the last 2 days is nowhere near enough to be rideable. Today, it was announced that they have officially cancelled the Copper Dog 150 sled dog race scheduled for March 1st thru the 3rd. It has been cancelled due to lack of snow (as well as the likelihood of adequate snow to have a safe base for the dogs for race time.) Though, I will say this, do come up and enjoy the amenities despite the rideability on a sled. Every business could use the traffic considering all circumstances and there are many other things to see & enjoy.
I'm heading up March 1st to 4th for vacation. Mezz do you know if the Copper Axe is open for Axe throwing?

Airman68

A group of 4 of us are planning to come up Feb 22-24th one way or the other, staying near Calumet. Looking ahead, temps are just going to get warmer and warmer. We are going to make the best of it even if we ride just a little, we'll take it. Might just have to drink a few and eat more food. I need a vacation and the businesses could use a boost. We were the lucky ones that got to ride when we had all the snow in southern WI, about 225miles. This is our last hurrah... good riddance to 2024 ...

A group of 4 of us are planning to come up Feb 22-24th one way or the other, staying near Calumet. Looking ahead, temps are just going to get warmer and warmer. We are going to make the best of it even if we ride just a little, we'll take it. Might just have to drink a few and eat more food. I need a vacation and the businesses could use a boost. We were the lucky ones that got to ride when we had all the snow in southern WI, about 225miles. This is our last hurrah... good riddance to 2024 ...
Stop at the Michigan house The Peppadew Panini is one of my favorites