Lake County IL riding this weekent 2-20

george_r

I would like to take may son for a rid this weekend in lake county, does anyone know of locations to drop and ride. I don't plan on riding for more than couple of hours. Does anyone know how to get a trail map or something of the area?

indybru

Funny or not so funny you should ask. I just got a message from the president of my snowmobile club. The Riverbend Benders the email said all Lake County, IL. trails are closed.

rakins800

....as they should be. things are going to **** in a hurry around here. LOL
you might want to check on Racine county,Wi. trails. might be doable up there.

indybru

George,

Our club grooms by Lakewood Forest Preserve which is RT 176 and Fairfield road near Wauconda. You can park southwest of this intersection maybe one road south of 176 on Fairfield rd I think the name is Ivanhoe Rd.there are plenty of places to park just head west.

That's about all I know since we mark trials there. I don't ride in Illinois I keep everything in the western u.p. Good luck. bruce

arcticgeorge

the chain is nice riding now

NNNNNNo George take your boy snowmobiling, you know he wants to go...... the trails north of rt 120 are open! just called the dnr trail hot line (847) 968 3235. George not to worry i could show you around the chain safely and there are places to stop... mostly bars but kids are welcome. They are happy to see customers. Sunday there are radar runs at the Thirsty Turtle in Antioch. You could drop trailer in many spots. Maybe my place if you want.