Lake days are numbered!

m8man

Took a nice ride on the jetski tonight with my wife, went to dinner and a little cruise!

M8man

Attachments

• IMG_1467.jpeg
    IMG_1467.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8280.jpeg
    IMG_8280.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19

skiroule

Nice! You're right though, the sun angle is getting lower every day and the lake is starting to get very quiet. Some of the snowbirds have already pulled out.

pclark

It is amazing how disciplined people are this time of year. A lot of lake residents pull their boats, piers, shorestations Labor Day weekend. Granted, they don’t live here year round but fall is a beautiful time up here, I think the last 3 weeks have been in the 70’s and 80’s with no rain at all. Supposed to cool down a little next week but still nice.

mezz

For this late in September, there are very few colors popping. It's been an extended summer here with the day time temps consistently in the 80's & nights in the upper 50's lower 60's. There are a handful of trees that have some color in them & some that have just shed their leaves due to stress caused by lack of adequate rain here in the Keweenaw. This is the latest our pool has stayed up, usually done by week after Labor Day, plan on draining, drying & storing this week-end.

wisco-mb

We went out on the Upper Dells last Saturday. It was pretty quiet. I was the 3rd truck and trailer in the parking lot at 11am! That is normally filled by early in the morning. A lot less chaotic there, including take out.
The water was still good temps. We got out tubing.
The Upper Dells is always beautiful. A couple years ago we went out in mid-late October and it was even better with the colors.

We were just talking about how many boaters throw in the cards after labor day. I suppose with kids school related activities, less vacation if needing to travel, etc...

Attachments

• Snapchat-595494307.jpg
    Snapchat-595494307.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0