Lake Gogebic grooming

renten

Want to head north from Boulder and just wondering if there is grooming north of the Cisco chain? Trails 1, 13 100, etc...

whitedust

WM quit last week don't know if they got back on it yet? IDK surfin around trying to find out which clubs are on it & would like to ride Tuesday. This season ending like it started pick a route with alternatives hope for the best.

junior

We rode from Mercer to Twin Lakes last. Wed. Never seen the U.P. so bad. And that was before the warm up. Was told numerous groomers down and not enough people to drive them. Mercer area was great. Should never have left that area

shawn_paul

I was up Thursday till Sunday and went from Conover, WI to Hurley and Lake of the clouds to Rockland, Ironwood to Watersmeet to Land O Lakes back to Conover. I covered some ground.. I understand the warm temps but I NEVER seen a groomer???? Do they not make them anymore lol. The western side had plenty of snow with no grooming.... Sad... the past few years and a few trips a year to the UP and always junk......I guess I'm just frustrated....

S.P.B.....

shawn_paul

And as for not enough people to drive groomers? I would think some of the local hotels and resorts including Bars would make sure to have smooth travels to boost there business working with snowmobile clubs to make sure all areas of the full circle of business are covered.. I honestly don't feel bad at all about them going out of business from the lack of business..... I'm just about done riding!

And as for not enough people to drive groomers? I would think some of the local hotels and resorts including Bars would make sure to have smooth travels to boost there business working with snowmobile clubs to make sure all areas of the full circle of business are covered.. I honestly don't feel bad at all about them going out of business from the lack of business..... I'm just about done riding!

It's been stated many times, the groomers will not run when it's above freezing.

I find it amazing that folks are going to complain about the trail conditions when it's 40+ degrees. What did you expect????!!

groomerdriver

It's been stated many times, the groomers will not run when it's above freezing.

I find it amazing that folks are going to complain about the trail conditions when it's 40+ degrees. What did you expect????!!

X2. And I think I've read where Bergland has had groomers down...the Mass City area surely has.

Hoosier

I'm sure they'll honesty not miss your business too.

Bimmer

Just got back from going around Gogebic.took 8 from my place,then 13 to 100 up 1.saw 2 groomers neither were doing any good to trail,to frozen and not enough snow.they really took a hit over the weekend. But there trying.

shelby369

Rode St Germain to Houghton on Friday....as soon as I hit state line the trails were horrible...... pounded all the way up, pounded all the way back.....was the happiest man on earth when I hit the state line.......

shawn_paul

Thursday and Fridays temps were far from 40 plus degrees. I understand Saturday and Sunday was going to be a wash out. But trail #1 and 13# 12# and 11# and 11N including 102 had plenty of snow.. Just no work on them. I need to go back to off trailing and not caring lol.... All the trips I made this year so far were the same is all. Last season same thing and two weeks ago same thing...

Highflyer

I was in Ironwood on Friday and talked to a local on the trail. We had this same conversation about lack of people to drive the groomers and the club only having 6 people after a recent change over. I asked if him if the local businesses help out much, specifically those that prosper from the sledders. I was shocked to here that they don't provide much help beyond the club membership/map fee. Things are run much different in Wisconsin that's for sure.

I did not go north of Wakefield/Marenesco after hearing about all the rough trails and broken down groomers. I dropped down to Wisconsin (Pres Isle, Manitowash, Mercer and Hurley) and found great trails.

illinoistim

I believe the state has gotten involved and now owns the groomers and gives them to the clubs to use. In order to get them fixed, it now takes lots more red tape to go through, which means the groomers are down longer time frames. If groomers are down, you will have rough trails.

With that being said, we were up there Wed through Sunday last week and had great trails. We saw 4 or 5 groomers and also rode on trails that had been freshly groomed, but didn't see those groomers. They are out there. We would typically see them around 11PM when the trails were starting to firm back up. They would start to deteriorate quickly with all the traffic, so if you don't ride early in the morning or late in the evening, you might have gotten rough trails.