Lake Superior Circle Tour

snowdance

Me and some buddies are looking to take a motorcycle trip around Lake Superior this summer. We'd plan on a week for this and would be starting in SE Wisconsin. Anybody that's done this have any advice? We'll obviously need passports. Any specific ways to go, good places to stay, sights to see? About how many miles all the way around? Thanks for any info!

pmp

My wife and I did it in the 80's and we still talk about that trip. A week is too short. I planed for a week and rushed the last part from Canada back to Milwaukee. We missed all the lake shore in Michigan. I think my bike had about 1500 miles when we got home and 11 days later. Our trip included stops in the Dells, Apostile Islands, two Canadian parks, Old Fort Williams, and the Agawa Canyon train ride. We went in June and it got cold and rainy. When it got warm the black flies came out. In the middle of June the sun doesn't set on the north side of the lake, very strange. Have fun PMP

Bradzoo

We were supposed to do it last year with some friends they went and did it in 5 days, this year I think we are planning to go around Lake Huron, pending on how much you want to stop and site see you can do it in a week mid July early Aug is best for bugs anything after 1st of Sept. can get cold

Made a phone call they went, southern MI to Grand Marais Mi. day 1, Grand Marais to north of Duluth day 2, Duluth to Nipigon day 3, Nipigon to Wawa day 4, Wawa to sourthen Mi day 5

6 or 7 would probably be better

Last edited: